iPhone Keyboard Introduction Video

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
bruckwine, Surur, mikec, Pattycerts...

What is the big deal here? Like you, I think archie is over the top most of the time in his pro-Apple views, but this thread just proved to me that you guys are acting like a pack of wild dogs to the scent of fresh meat. If he's spreading bull, why not just ignore his post? It's like the old saw about a a tree falling in the forest...who heard it?

dstrauss,

Ignore? Where's the sport in that? :)

As for the simile that we are "wild dogs", I take great offense at the "wild" adjective. ;-)

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
:stick: :D :cheers:

I KNOW you two are secretly numbers 1 & 2 in the NYC Apple store line. Enjoy your new iPhones tomorrow.

Oops; is that two more points?

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Speaking more clearly will not improve your comprehension.

You obviously missed my jab. What I was saying, in a passive way I suppose, is that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. Or... you are so full of yourself that you can't possibly understand that you were the one that was wrong all along.

Let's assume it is the latter and you are completely full of yourself, what was it that I was wrong about all along?

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I don't like how the keyboard obscures the document you are working in to throw up the virtual keyboard. I like to read through my emails I'm replying to, or see what others had said in a chat, but having only a view of what you are typing seems really limiting to me. I don't like it a bit. This goes way back for me to old school Palm on-screen keyboards. It was the same issue with them. If you are typing a long letter you can't read through what you have written easily. On a keyboarded smartphone you can write a book if you like but the iPhone seems only reasonable for very short messages.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site

What is the big deal here? Like you, I think archie is over the top most of the time in his pro-Apple views, but this thread just proved to me that you guys are acting like a pack of wild dogs to the scent of fresh meat. If he's spreading bull, why not just ignore his post? It's like the old saw about a a tree falling in the forest...who heard it?

I dunno... I think it's the arrogance he uses to state FALSE things - it grates on my nerves. I help moderate other forums and we have names for ppl like archie who write/type before thinking, present false facts to a forum, then continue to proclaim they are true despite all the evidence, facts, reports and common sense saying otherwise, e.g. "iPhone is the only phone to have speakers not on the back" - its obvious he didn't do proper research b4 saying it as truth, but he did anyway! It's a childish way to argue a point or opinion...he couldn't debate his way out of a wet paperbag like that.

I guess I SHOULD just ignore him but it also amuses me somewhat in a sick way and brings out the child in ME . If there isn't SOMEONE like archie then all we have is intelligent discussion which does get boring!

I USUALLY ignore archie in the time I've been at this forum (surur and oalvarez too when they go POS or Palm bashing), but the iPhone has been so hyped that I've gotten sick of the whole idol worship/ jesus phone bit - from engadget to gizmodo and now here.

There are plusses as I have conceded, but also negatives (check my post history)..but when you have someone acting like a TRUE apple fanboy (you always think it's a joke and nobody like that really exists) then you get a target . If you notice I've never insulted said archie directly but I HAVE called his reasoning into question. I don't do personal on the internet.

Guys like surur and oalvarez are also as opinionated (and pretty stubborn based on post history lol) but they usually argue LOGICALLY, which is the difference!

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com

I really hate dramatics, anyway...

I made a simple statement that the keyboard doesn't learn new words. So if someone, like me, was to type "holla, ur, eta, gotta," or any other slang word not in the english dictionary the iphone will not learn them, which is a drawback. Not to mention a common trait of input software. Archie told me I was wrong, and I asked for proof of this. He still hasn't given it to me. Yet he cries like a baby when I disagree with him.

Keep in mind that I do indeed plan on trying an iphone out. If I like it I will keep it. I give credit where it is due, but unfortunately for you there are no "multitouch sounds cool" threads here. Only one's with blind praise, blind critiques, and guessing games.

Considering that I will most likely buy one, if Archie, or anyone else, could prove to me certain things (like the keyboard), it would give me another feather to stick under the cap. But when every single statement about the phone start with "I guess, " or "I think.." then it doesn't really help anything, now does it?

Believe me, for the most part this forum is a goof. I get bored of the bickering sometimes, and post like this that are really long usually get ignored. But don't expect apple love on a treo site. I wouldn't expect any Treo love on an apple forum.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
You obviously missed my jab. What I was saying, in a passive way I suppose, is that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. Or... you are so full of yourself that you can't possibly understand that you were the one that was wrong all along.

Let's assume it is the latter and you are completely full of yourself, what was it that I was wrong about all along?

It's there in black and white...no more reading lessons today.

syphex#IM

Jun 11, 2007
www.myspace.com

People come here not just because they are bored and have nothing better to do like some of us :) but people come here to learn information about a product that might help in their decision to buy. If they come here and see the false information that Archie is giving out then they might go out and buy it and then hate it and never come back to these forums again for help. Thats my main reason for following what he says.. I again can understand about being really excited about a product but I would never spit out false facts at people in the intention to get them to like it also knowing that you are not right. Let people decide for themselves. Let the people selling the product convince people to go buy it. Its not Archies job to get poeple to go out and buy this product, and by insulting the people that know he's wrong is just more ignorant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2