So are you saying since the A920 had speakers on the side it is as good as the iPHONE.

Buddy remember this, "CRACK IS WHACKED" lay off the pipe.
    Archie's sidekick nex time tell you iFriend that when he makes sweeping statements about a device of which half are false (First, Largest, Period, bestest etc) and itemises so-called "unique" features then each item is subject to comparison to any other item out there!'

Btw you sure have a way of trying to put words into ppl's mouths! Even I can re-read that post and see he simply pointed out that not having speakers on the back of a hpone isn't unique as archie claimed :crazy:

And resorting to personal insults. How old are you anyway? First the "suicide" post and now implying ppl are on drugs. I wonder if there's any moderation here at all!
    06-28-2007 07:09 PM
    the wonderful ease of use that is the iPHONE
    Pretty does not automatically mean ease of use. Finding a contact is cumbersome for example.

Surur
    06-28-2007 07:12 PM
    remember what most of the iphone buyers want.....phone, internet, music and perhaps read a document or two. they might also want a good looking device coupled with a slim form factor.

they don't really want a handheld laptop
    , just something fun and easy to use. for them that is the iPhone.
    Now I can agree that is what Apple is marketing...but until we actually hear reports/reviews from some buyers I won't assume that (though it's 99% likely anyone who buys it just wants that!)
    06-28-2007 07:13 PM
    Now I can agree that is what Apple is marketing...but until we actually hear reports/reviews from some buyers I won't assume that (though it's 99% likely anyone who buys it just wants that!)

Do we honestly expect to hear complaints from people who spent 3 days waiting in line to hand over their money?
    06-28-2007 07:15 PM
    All I know is that Id be pissed if I bought a song off iTunes, and then had to pay seperately for a ringtone..Isnt that was the rumor is?
    06-28-2007 07:19 PM
    Apparently the IPhone has only the headset and hands free bluetooth profile, so no bluetooth keyboards, and no bluetooth GPS pucks, and obviously no AD2P, and no OBEX file transfer.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/28/...aining-manual/

5 years ahead, is it?

Surur
    06-28-2007 07:20 PM
    Surer,

I like your posts so much that I want to start a donation thread to buy you an iPhone
    06-28-2007 07:22 PM
    Apparently the IPhone has only the headset and hands free bluetooth profile, so no bluetooth keyboards, and no bluetooth GPS pucks, and obviously no AD2P, and no OBEX file transfer.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/28/...aining-manual/

5 years ahead, is it?

Surur
    Like I said all Apple is doing is marketing a pretty package for the people who will really say " Aint it perty " lol .... do you take food stamps?
    06-28-2007 07:23 PM
    I can buy a SLVR all over the place...

Does the iPhone have that super special chip that allows BT and Wi-Fi?
    06-28-2007 07:24 PM
    I mean, all kidding aside, the iPhone will be a sleek device and it'll do a lot of neat things and it'll do them well. As much as a WM device? No, but it'll do what it says it'll do (except for EDGE, god help them).

With no 3rd party apps, you'll have stability. Apple is giving free "workshops" for the really dumb to learn everything. It's a device for the masses without needing to think too much (and honestly, I mean that in a sincere sense, not mocking). It's limited now, but no one can deny that with siginificant upgrades (at least an RSS reader) and 3g it could be the new standard.

How about all those Apple employees who just a free 8gb one? Yikes.
    06-28-2007 07:29 PM
    Surer,

I like your posts so much that I want to start a donation thread to buy you an iPhone

Toys are always welcome

Surur
    06-28-2007 07:29 PM
    I mean, all kidding aside, the iPhone will be a sleek device and it'll do a lot of neat things and it'll do them well. As much as a WM device? No, but it'll do what it says it'll do (except for EDGE, god help them).

With no 3rd party apps, you'll have stability. Apple is giving free "workshops" for the really dumb to learn everything. It's a device for the masses without needing to think too much (and honestly, I mean that in a sincere sense, not mocking). It's limited now, but no one can deny that with siginificant upgrades (at least an RSS reader) and 3g it could be the new standard.

I think people underestimate the general public (especially the ones willing to poay $600 for a phone).

These guys are going to want to MMS, and they will want to bluetooth each other ring tones. It will be sad really.

Surur
    06-28-2007 07:32 PM
    I think people underestimate the general public (especially the ones willing to poay $600 for a phone).

These guys are going to want to MMS, and they will want to bluetooth each other ring tones. It will be sad really.

Surur
    In a sense, I agree.

I have certainly expressed my dismay at absent functions like MMS, IM, RSS, a2dp, etc.

The RSS thing really baffles me: I understand they don't want 3g b/c of battery consumption. True, battery life trumps interent speed in customer complaints about devices. I disagree agree with dumping 3g, but whatever, that's their approach.

And they want full Safari for their mentioned reasons. Fine, I can see wanting that too and I bet it's great over Wifi.

But why not then included RSS or an "Edge friendly" browser? RSS is great for poor connections.

OTOH, all the issues except 3g/GPS I'm sure will be addressed later on. Apple certainly has huge plans for this and they will roll out "unique" feature after feature.

I guess I don't blame them for getting, say 40% (random number) of the device's full functionality out of the door. It gives them wiggle room to know what works, what doesn't and what people want.
    06-28-2007 07:46 PM
    RSS is not exactly a consumer feature. I suggest they sort out the video recording first.

Surur
    06-28-2007 07:51 PM
    RSS is not exactly a consumer feature. I suggest they sort out the video recording first.

Surur
    I use mobile Bloglines for RSS, and find it an ideal solution, so I assume the iphone can do that.

I dont know whether Id rather pay $600 for a iphone or $24.95 for a text adventure...
    06-28-2007 07:58 PM
    Apple is giving free "workshops" for the really dumb to learn everything. It's a device for the masses without needing to think too much (and honestly, I mean that in a sincere sense, not mocking). .
    06-28-2007 08:02 PM

These guys are going to want to MMS, . It will be sad really.

Surur
    but they'll be able to send photo images via email as an attachment. i don't understand the horror of not having MMS.
    06-28-2007 08:04 PM
    I use bloglines too. Its near perfect, especially with the skweezer integration. Even less reason to do RSS first.

Surur
    06-28-2007 08:05 PM
    c'mon, you know what I meant.

I'm not saying everyone who buys the phone is dumb, but there will be lots of new people who have never used such a device.

It was an off-hand compliment to Apple for offering those services.

Put it this way: do you feel you'll need to attend? I'll assume "no". But some people will need to be walked through it.

(I could have reversed this all by saying "how easy is it to use if they are offering a seminar!!", but I didn't, lol).
    06-28-2007 08:06 PM
    but they'll be able to send photo images via email as an attachment. i don't understand the horror of not having MMS.
    I'll break it down a bit then.

MMS is mobile to mobile, and most mobiles do not have email setup.

The work around is to email a picture via the MMS gateway.

To do this you need to know which network the person is on, which is cumbersome and inelegant. (or there's a service which sorts it for you, but still not elegant).

Lastly, MMS gateways only take pictures < 100 kb, and 2 Megapixel pictures tend to be around 200 kb. The picture will be rejected if its not resized, which may not be possible on the device, and is also inelegant.

Finally, not having an MMS client on your device, you can not receive MMS messages yourself, but I guess those SMS messages with links will be workable.

All in all, its far from slick working around Apple's omission. I am surprised you are defending this, as you have not supported hacking by users to get things working on WM and POS.

Surur
    06-28-2007 08:13 PM
    i understand what you are saying, and i do have some knowledge on what you are speaking of. all i am saying is that i don't find it to be as terrible as some make it out to be. i will also say that i am surprised that it is not available just as songs in your iTunes library not being able to be used for ringtones. it is odd that it would really turn out to be the case.
    06-28-2007 08:18 PM
    odd=sucks donkey balls. At least it should, esp for no mp3 ringtones.
    06-28-2007 09:52 PM

I though they had RSS (inside the safari browser)?
    06-28-2007 10:15 PM
    Archie's sidekick nex time tell you iFriend that when he makes sweeping statements about a device of which half are false (First, Largest, Period, bestest etc) and itemises so-called "unique" features then each item is subject to comparison to any other item out there!'

Btw you sure have a way of trying to put words into ppl's mouths! Even I can re-read that post and see he simply pointed out that not having speakers on the back of a hpone isn't unique as archie claimed :crazy:

And resorting to personal insults. How old are you anyway? First the "suicide" post and now implying ppl are on drugs. I wonder if there's any moderation here at all!

The personal insults? Are you just playing devils advocate or are you really that obtuse?

I have seen people make this type of statement many times as to Archie, don't drink the bong water and such, and have yet to see you or anyone else stand up and say stop these personal attacks on Archie.

I really find your additions here far less insightful then most and that is saying a lot.

What I get from your post is you are personally offended by the way the press and Apple have "Hyped" the iPHONE.

We can go back through every board here and find comments from people on Palm and WM devices saying, "They lied to us about this or that."

Call it what you will, pretty, cosmetic, fluff, whatever but it is a HUGE step forward in how people will interact with a phone.

If you have a problem with the way it is marketed who cares. Start a thread about the marketing practices of APPLE and the complicit press.

The iPHONE is not perfect I don't think there is a perfect phone for everyone but it does have several "Revolutionary" interface options that will change the way phones are built in the future.

And to say PALM and WM have been "Heading down that road for a longtime" is a sad and fallacious statement. Apple delivered it first give them credit.
    06-28-2007 10:25 PM
    The personal insults? Are you just playing devils advocate or are you really that obtuse?

I have seen people make this type of statement many times as to Archie, don't drink the bong water and such, and have yet to see you or anyone else stand up and say stop these personal attacks on Archie.

I really find your additions here far less insightful then most and that is saying a lot.

What I get from your post is you are personally offended by the way the press and Apple have "Hyped" the iPHONE.

We can go back through every board here and find comments from people on Palm and WM devices saying, "They lied to us about this or that."

Call it what you will, pretty, cosmetic, fluff, whatever but it is a HUGE step forward in how people will interact with a phone.

If you have a problem with the way it is marketed who cares. Start a thread about the marketing practices of APPLE and the complicit press.

The iPHONE is not perfect I don't think there is a perfect phone for everyone but it does have several "Revolutionary" interface options that will change the way phones are built in the future.

And to say PALM and WM have been "Heading down that road for a longtime" is a sad and fallacious statement. Apple delivered it first give them credit.

Do you need some sleep? when did I post anything about Palm and WM? I don't even use WM!

And here we go with personal insults when you don't have it your way! Yep some ppl do personally insult archie with comments but none involved derogatory taunts about suicide or drug use..they were more like "can you read" and " get real facts next time"...and I personally wasn't one of them (except a reference to dunning kruger syndrome ). The things I have seen you posted aimed at persons here have been a first for me on THIS forum .

Next this specific thread is about NOT getting the iPhone, so if you want to talk about "getting the iPhone" then it's YOU who need a new thread But of course i wouldn't tell you to do that as forums have free speech to a certain extent. As you may or may not notice when I want to start a thread I just click the "next thread' button.

Finally your "insight" into my posts is irrelevant to me, as you are obviously very insecure (on the web at that). Ppl like you who actually have to resort to making derogatory remarks about others during a discussion amuse me. Why would I care about what you say unless you say it logically? If my comments don't contribute to YOUR experience there is an ignore button if you don't know!

And wash taht potty mouth :P
    06-28-2007 10:40 PM
199 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD