HTC's response to the Iphone - not too bad

conekkted

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
Do you think HTC, Moto, Samsung as well as Symbian, WM and BB devices will be displaced by the iPhone: a single device on a single network?
Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing that one in there. That was too easy.

Do you think it'll be huge in Europe on a single network, where selection is king? What about Korea or Japan (places where HTC "and everybody else" do business)? China?
Context man, did you even read what I was responding to? Obviously the iPhone is only launching currently in the U.S. So it was kind of implied that the U.S market was what we were talking about. RIF.

What about all the people who make <$30k a year? Will they be buying a $600 phone or the free one they get for signing up?
Dude, are you serious? We are talking about the United States of America. Where people have cable TV, cell phones and a carton of cigarettes each week, yet no medical insurance and are behind on their water bill. If you think that this instant-gratification society is going to think twice before dropping $600 on the latest fad then you may be sorely out of touch with reality. If Paris Hilton is seen talking on her iPhone while walking out of jail or Fitty-cent has one in his latest booty shaking video, sales will double the next day. It's all about priorities. And the teens and twenty-something priorities are so backwards they don't know which way is up. I have complete faith that the kool-aid drinkers will be in lines 20-deep come next weekend.