Hi my name is Paul from Canberra, Australia. The model Iphone that is faulty is Apple 3GS - 3013 - 32gb. I have searched Dr Google for some hints on what the fault is and how I might fix it. My investigations all seem to lead to a damaged mother board/logic board, there seem to be lots of different names for the name thing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Were you able to fix it economically? Was it the mother board? In which country did you purchase the replacement mother board? How much did you pay for it?

I'm unable to think of any further information to offer you! But, if you have questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.

Kind Regards

Paul.
    05-18-2016 02:37 AM
    Welcome to iMore, Paul! It definitely sounds like a hardware problem but you might want to try restoring your 3GS and setting it up as a new device to weed out any software issues.
    I never owned a 3GS but it's a very old device. I'm not sure what the availability of replacement parts is going to be. You might find it just as economical to purchase a used, newer device.
    05-18-2016 07:43 AM