wifi going in and out??

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
My daughter just got a used 3gs. we are noticing the wifi signal going in and out.. its not our wifi signal becaus two other people in our family have 4s and never lose wifi.. any ideas?? the only thing I can thing of is that we haven't regitered the imie number with att yet.. could that be it?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My daughter just got a used 3gs. we are noticing the wifi signal going in and out.. its not our wifi signal becaus two other people in our family have 4s and never lose wifi.. any ideas?? the only thing I can thing of is that we haven't regitered the imie number with att yet.. could that be it?
No, you do not have to register the IMEI number with AT&T in order for WiFi to work properly.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Now it won't connect at all??

Not sure if you tried this yet, but go into the settings menu on her 3GS and choose the option to "Reset network settings". Then go back in and attempt to connect to WiFi again. I was having WiFi issues on my first iPad with WiFi and doing this solved my WiFi issues.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and nothing it comes back for about 10 minutes and then nothing. I am trying a full reset now. Of course the person we bought it from is nowhere to be found now!! Ugh

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
full reset didn't work... now she can't use the phone and I'm out $125:mad:

phillies20, I honestly think if you make an appointment with Apple they would still help you with this issue. Apple stands behind their products and have been known to help people that are having issues with their out of warranty devices. Please let us know how this turns out.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Love your avatar Irish!!! looking forward to the Winter Classic at the Bank!!

Well, i ended up selling the phone... I was honest and listed it stating the wifi wasn't working properly. I found a buyer who had an unlimited data plan so he didn't care.. a win-win I guess.. except I sold it for less than I paid but whatcha going to do...

Now I am searching ebay for another phone for my daughter... she is not a happy camper ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Love your avatar Irish!!! looking forward to the Winter Classic at the Bank!!

Well, i ended up selling the phone... I was honest and listed it stating the wifi wasn't working properly. I found a buyer who had an unlimited data plan so he didn't care.. a win-win I guess.. except I sold it for less than I paid but whatcha going to do...

Now I am searching ebay for another phone for my daughter... she is not a happy camper ;)

Thanks, Phillies20. I can't wait till Monday. Go Flyers!!
dancing-107.gif

It's a shame that you had to end up selling the phone, but at least now you can get your daughter one without any issues.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll