Just ordered a 32GB 3GS through Apple.
    But it didn't work. They said there was a problem when they tried to run the credit check and that I had to go to the Apple Store in person and that they would "reserve" a phone for me at the Soho store.

I tried to log into my Apple ID to see if there was any record of this reservation or if I needed to print anything out, but I couldn't find anything online that said I reserved an iPhone, other than the final page that says I have a phone reserved for me. Am I missing something? I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail either...
    Last edited by thinkTwice; 06-15-2009 at 09:19 PM.
    06-15-2009 09:06 PM
    I've been hearing that if you ordered online from AT&T to be shipped to your house that it is possible that you will not see it until Monday at the earliest and if you want a phone Friday you will have to get one in the store.

Again, I can not confirm this, just something I've heard.
    I'm a little worried about this too. I ordered mine Fri afternoon(6/12/09). I'm gonna be pissed if I have to wait 'til Monday...a little call to AT&T is in order i guess.

Man,the service center is closed
    Last edited by msm0511; 06-15-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: additional info
    06-15-2009 09:21 PM
    DoubleM
    I hope you will get it before Friday.
    The reason people say Monday is that the overnight shipping from AT&T is NOT covering a Saturday. So if any phones get shipped on Friday you WONT see it till Monday.
    06-15-2009 09:22 PM
    DoubleM
    I hope you will get it before Friday.
    The reason people say Monday is that the overnight shipping from AT&T is NOT covering a Saturday. So if any phones get shipped on Friday you WONT see it till Monday.
    Hmmm, I heard they were just shipping ordinary fedex express overnight. Why wouldn't they deliver on saturdays? My dad works for Fedex and all express packages shipped friday deliver on saturday unless AT&T goes out of their way to make sure the packages don't deliver on saturday. Where did you hear this from?
    Last edited by DoubleM; 06-15-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    06-15-2009 09:38 PM
    I read that AT&T is getting their preorder stock on the 17th,so if you(DoubleM) ordered on the 9th I would think you would be getting yours Fri. I'm just worried since I ordered on the 12th in the afternoon...that's close to the deadline of the preorders being sold out.
    06-15-2009 09:49 PM
    I reserved my 3G S in store at a local ATT in Phoenix. When I checked my order status online though it says my phone was shipped on the 13th and even provides a tracking number. When I click on the tracking number link nothing appears to register in UPS' system yet.
    06-15-2009 09:51 PM
    msm, you heard they are getting stock in on the 17th? Yeah, the AT&T guy said since I ordered so early, there's no reason for me to not have it by friday, good luck to you, the 12th isn't too bad still, i'd imagine they'd ship out all the preorders on the same day...I dunno. Gennew, that's weird, sounds like maybe they handed it over to UPS, but they haven't moved it from the initial dropoff location. That's weird that they are shipping out UPS though, I heard Fedex. Thanks though, you gave all us AT&T guys some hope, seems like they are shipping out early too.
    06-15-2009 10:01 PM
    DoubleM if I could find the link I would post it,but I've been reading so much about the pre-orders I have no idea where I read it.I do remember it was a reliable site though.
    06-15-2009 10:05 PM
    Ok cool, the 17th sounds good.
    06-15-2009 11:26 PM
    Ok cool, the 17th sounds good.
    You'll still be receiving yours on the 19th. AT&T is getting their shipping stock the 17th
    06-15-2009 11:34 PM
    Yeah, that's what I meant, if they receive their shipping stock on the 17th, my chances of getting one on the 19th are good.
    06-16-2009 12:10 AM
    msm, you heard they are getting stock in on the 17th? Yeah, the AT&T guy said since I ordered so early, there's no reason for me to not have it by friday, good luck to you, the 12th isn't too bad still, i'd imagine they'd ship out all the preorders on the same day...I dunno. Gennew, that's weird, sounds like maybe they handed it over to UPS, but they haven't moved it from the initial dropoff location. That's weird that they are shipping out UPS though, I heard Fedex. Thanks though, you gave all us AT&T guys some hope, seems like they are shipping out early too.
    What do you see when you check your order status online?
    06-16-2009 12:31 AM
    I ordered from Apple on the 8th. checked my order status and it is still reading "prepaired for shipment".
    06-16-2009 12:48 AM
    What do you see when you check your order status online?
    In Progress: Our warehouse is still processing this item for shipment.
    06-16-2009 01:44 AM
    Got a notice from Apple this am that my iPhone is scheduled for delivery June 17. I ordered a few hours after Bad but had so many problems that I was not hopeful. Only problem is that I will not be home until late on the 18th.

Have an appointment this pm to replace my current iPhone, the Home Button does not work. Apple says that it is not covered by warranty. They have a special magnifying glass that they use to look into the headset port. If they see red or pink, they say that that is evidence that it has been wet and that it voids the warranty.
    06-16-2009 08:53 AM
    According to UPS tracking: Scheduled Delivery: 06/18/2009 -
    Could that be possible?
    06-16-2009 09:20 AM
    Definitely, if they've been shipping them out since yesterday, and getting overnight shipping, they could potentially arrive as early as today. Lucky you, getting it the 18th.
    06-16-2009 09:34 AM
    So I'm new to this forum. I finally decided to make the jump to the iphone (have/had a Blackberry Storm which I'm giving to my girlfriend...shh...don't tell crackberry but I ordered it from AT&T (didn't know any better) on the 14th. Of course it's after their preorder stock is gone so I'm wondering if anyone knows about when I could expect my iphone? I know most people are getting theirs by the 19th (or 18th if your lucky) but do you think it'll take only a couple days extra or maybe even a couple weeks? It'd be great if I could get it before the 24th seeing that I'm leaving on a trip that day and I'd love to play with it, but I'm not really holding out hope for that. Oh and I ordered the 32g...don't know if that makes a difference.
    06-16-2009 10:02 AM
    I think AT&T said that for those ordering after the sellout of the preorder stock, you'll have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to get in more stock, so I'd say maybe a week or two after everybody else. Maybe you'd have better luck canceling your order and ordering with Apple?
    06-16-2009 10:11 AM
    I think AT&T said that for those ordering after the sellout of the preorder stock, you'll have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to get in more stock, so I'd say maybe a week or two after everybody else. Maybe you'd have better luck canceling your order and ordering with Apple?
    Yes I think you will have better luck with apple.
    06-16-2009 10:14 AM
    Well...I thought about that but I've gotta port my number from Verizon so I think it may be best to just wait for AT&T. When I ordered it AT&T said it would ship 7-14 days after I placed the order. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm gone....
    06-16-2009 10:24 AM
    Well...I thought about that but I've gotta port my number from Verizon so I think it may be best to just wait for AT&T. When I ordered it AT&T said it would ship 7-14 days after I placed the order. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm gone....
    I know, I understand. I leave for vacation on sunday, if I don't get my iphone on friday or saturday, who knows where its gonna be by the time I get back.
    06-16-2009 10:27 AM
    Don't they require a signature on delivery? I wonder how long FedEx will hold it...
    06-16-2009 10:30 AM
    I dunno, I think they make 3 delivery attempts (one each day), and after that, I think they hold it at the nearest terminal for maybe a week, then they send it back. Not sure exactly. They do require a signature though.
    06-16-2009 10:34 AM
    Don't they require a signature on delivery? I wonder how long FedEx will hold it...
    Yes, you can fill out a pre-sign form via Apples web site and they will leave the package.

Side note, mine will be here tomorrow! Pre-sign form is already filled out!
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 06-16-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    06-16-2009 10:34 AM
365 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD