TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagmefragme

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Heck... I'd like the iPhone 3GS because I won't be buying one myself unless I win it somewhere (having just bought the 3G about 2 months ago and not eligible for subsidized pricing until Oct 2010).

Additionally, the biggest draw to me is having a better camera and video recorder all in one device so I can share with the grandparents what my little kids do.

sLoPPydrive

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to upgrade my iPhone to the 3G S, because i desperately need the compass and rotating Maps App to use the device for proper navigation. Great feature! My girlfriend would then get the old phone. :)

alex_winston

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It will cause a release of dopamine in my nucleus accumbens providing me a much needed fix. I was barely able to uncurl off the floor in the corner of the room to post my entry. Hands sshhakkkkkyyy, need fix.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I want to upgrade for all the new stuff the phone has. I don't have a video camera and would love to be able to remember those moments the kids have, in all their glory, still pics just don't cut it some times. I want the speed of the new phone and I want to carry my whole music library with me where ever I go.

pwned#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I can haz?

I've had the Zack Morris cell phone since 1985 and I've decided it's time to upgrade due to the poor battery life, can you help? Preppie?

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone 8gb since December, after being a Sony Ericsson/Symbian fan for almost 4 years. I thought all this apple stuff, and specially the iPhone, in terms of the hype it generates, the obsessive folowing by annoying fanboys, etc, was very much like Scientology.

What can i say now, 6 months later? Well, i?m Tom Cruise, and i?m jumping on sofas with the iphone in my hand.

So, when i saw the 3GS, the fastest iPhone ever, being presented on WWDC, i got an urge to have it. More than a common desire, it?s now turned into an obsession that is affecting my well-being. I need help. The Iphone Blog can provide that help, and restore my sanity.

:)

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I would like to get the 3GS because I want to give my iPhone 3G to my wife. She deserves it and she is always on the road for her job helping kids get into college and it would be helpful for her to have the GPS and the email capabilities to link to her work addy.

She won't switch with me (even though I offered, hoping she would say no, LOL) for her crappy samsung. She would take the iPhone only if I have one for myself and we cannot afford to upgrade.

moreofhim

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Soldier's change

I've been in Iraq with my iphone 2g for about 9 months now and it has really taken a beating. I bought it when it first came out, which was quite a hit on a soldier's salary, but I've always been a bit of a gadget nerd. I didnt upgrade to the 3G purely because the places i get stationed never have 3G capabilities. I am planning on upgrading to the 3GS however because while my dusty, slightly scratched current iphone has been by best friend for the last 9 months - its time for a change. I'm leaving the military in a few months to attend law school and move back east so 3G networks, "here i come"

bedbug

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
The answer is in the stars...

For me, the deal maker, believe it or not, is the compass... well, to be precise, the application of the compass.

If you've taken a look at the Layer app for Android (Google Layar and Android), you will know just what is possible when a device knows not only your geolocation but also your orientation; this strikes me as a scene-changer. I don't think it will take long for the Google guys to see the benefits of this capability with Maps/Earth, and imagine the second generation of iPhone astronomy applications, precisely detailing the night sky as you are viewing it, without the need for any configuration.

What initially appears to be something of a 'so what' addition to the 3Gs - the compass - will I think cause the greatest impact.

Add to that the benefit of being able to pass on my 3G to my daughter (so that I would actually get to USE the 3Gs sometimes!), and I can think of no better reason why I need the 3Gs.

Last edited:

bveno33

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't wan't the 3G S..... I NEED the 3G S....
Really though, I have been waiting for the new model for the past 9 months. My contract with Verizon was up and I was itching to get the iPhone, but I held off because I knew I would be dissapointed if I waited. Boy am I glad I did. :D

Last edited:

BrianW

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have been using an old LG 8300 for the last 3 years or so and now I'm ready to have a real phone. The iPhone is so feature rich I would really be beneficial for me. The new GS with a faster processor, more memory and larger storage space is exactly what I want. This is exactly what I need now that I am out of college and in the workforce and always on the go. So please choose me.

urbenz

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The main reason I would get this phone is to use it as a high performing voip phone outside the AT&T network + play with all the excellent apps. Although, I think the app store's entry bar is a wee bit to high. Sending it down the isle with AT&T was and is a horrible mistake from a consumer's perspective.

zebianco

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
i'Mcrazy for iPhone

First of all, iPhone 3gs is not only the coolest mobile ever, but the finest electronic device I've ever heard of.
Second, I have an iPhone 3g and i'm very happy with it (particularly after 3.0). My brother (he is blind) listens music all day long, when not studing, and loves my iPhone, despite he can't watch shows, movies or make a call (he uses a 3g nokia with voice control). And that's the main reason I want the iPhone 3gs, it has voice control, over about every function on the phone and my bro would love it more than anything.
I'll give it to him if he promises I can use it sometimes.. :)

thnks.

Jose

Shady195#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Got my iPhone a few months back when I had my beautiful daughter in febuary, my phone has become a photo album full of picture of her and my small little family, my fiance me and our daughter.

As shes getting older she starting to do those cute little things babies do, pictures just dont seem to be enough, I had my phone jailbroken to take use of the Video recorders but it was mediocre and doesn't catch the magic.. as my daughters starting to crawl and possibly even walk (shes starting to stand) I would hate not to have my phone handy, even better I would love for my phone to have video recording already built in so I can catch every new moment with her.

A little more speed and the voice recognition wouldent hurt either :D

dankots

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
to replace 4 devices!

I'm currently carrying around 3 or sometimes 4 devices :eek:

I am currently carrying:
1) my plain old cell phone, my only phone.
2) a PDA that I can check my e-mail and keeps my calendar and appt etc.
3) a Zune player because I watch/listen on the bus to and from work everyday.
4) and when I need GPS, I carry a bluetooth GPS receiver that works with the PDA.

So, I'm needing the Iphone to replace all 4, and make my life much easier!

antoni

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
2 words: Motorolla V3xx. It's got a lot of the features the iPhone has (even front facing camera!) but as we Apple aficionados know, it's not about 'what' but 'how'. As much as you can to talk about the specs, the Motorolla firmware (I'm not even going to give it the dignity of being called an 'OS') is absolute garbage.

I've been waiting to upgrade to the iPhone but couldn't afford it (cause I'm a student). Just recently got a job and now is the time for me to finally get one! I'd be over the moon if TiPb could give me a leg up! *fingers crossed*

zcweber

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, I have been wanting an iPhone since day one. Since it's first realease in 2007 I have envied those who have one. You're probably asking yourself why is this guy visit theiphoneblog.com? Well I do however own an iPod Touch that I bought in November right after the release of the iPhone. Don't get me wrong I love my Touch dearly but I have always wanted a phone in my iPod. I would have bought the iPhone at the time but I was on the Verizon network. Now I'm at good ole AT&T but still without an iPhone. It's just I wasn't upgrade eligible for the 3G and I could only but it for the unsubsidized price of something like $699 for the 16GB.

But anyways sorry to ramble on. The truth is I really really really want an iPhone. And really I would like the old iPhone 1st gen if they were selling one but then again have you heard about the wicked speed? Compass and not to mention the kinds of apps that you can use with it? MMS (because they will not offer it on the 1st gen) :( ? Maybe you've heard about the faster 3G 7.2 speeds? Maybe you've heard about Video and editing capabilities? (This is sarcasm by the way :D ) And my favorite feature besides the wicked speeds is 32gb capacity! I said it after I bought my 3rd iPod which was the iPod video 30gb that "I will never buy a smaller iPod than this." I didn't follow through will that but I could not resist the iPod Touch. But I'm not the only one there are some 40 million iPod Touch and iPhone users.

How many of those users want this iPhone 3GS giveaway? I know I do! Thanks for the opportunity guys at tiPB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77