TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettnolan

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I need an iPhone

I would really like to mown an iPhone. Right now I have a Nokia N75.
Last year I almost pulled the trigger and bought the 3G, but the cost of the (required) data plan would have been too much.

I really like the speed enhancements (amongst other things) they've done to the 3Gs and I'm think now is probably finally the time to get one. I have an iPod touch 2G and if I could combine my phone and ipod touch into just one device that would be fantastic and help me eliminte some of the clutter in my life. :)

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I'm a long-time Palm OS PDA and Treo user, who has sampled offerings running WinMo and played around a bit with Android hacked onto an HTC Touch. I bought an iPod Touch a few months ago to try out the iPhone-lite experience before committing to AT&T's rates. I've been using my Treo 700p on Sprint with a SERO plan, so it will be a bitter pill to swallow doubling my monthly rate plan, but I want something new and have thought about doing some development for the iPhone. The Palm pre has been attractive as well, but right now I think that the huge app library for the iPhone is too compelling. As far as the 3GS is concerned...I'm excited about the autofocus camera with improved low-light capability (though the photos in the early engadget/gizmodo reviews didn't look nearly as impressive as the ones that Apple is showing on their website).

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The biggest reason I want to upgrade is for the COMPASS. That's right, the Compass. I know most people say "who cares" about the compass. But, I am not the most directionally gifted person and I would love to be able to walk around a city as a tourist and have the map orient to the direction I am facing. I also think that developers can do some slick things with the compass capability.

Georges

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I want the Iphone 3g S to be my first cellphone! I don't even have a music player or a camera right now so that would fulfill many of my needs. It also has very cool features such voice control and video recording. This phone has everything you want!!!

kdstegh

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
there are MANY reasons for any of us to want to upgrade to the 3G S. Video, speed, storage, a rockin' compass...

But the main reason I want to upgrade from my current 3G is that I have a very common, yet rarely diagnosed disease...I suffer from INMTC (Ineedmethecuttingedgegadgetsitis).

It's a real problem with the rate at which technology develops. My 5 year old has already been told she won't be able to attend college due to daddy's "condition", and the 2 year old will learn as soon as she's able to hold the phone without wanting to toss it at the cat.

It is widely believed that the first step to overcoming a problem it admitting it exists, so I'm baring my wireless soul to the TiPb family.

Mailia

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would like to get the 3GS, because I currently own a Nokia N70, which I don't like, as S60 is not as supported with third party apps as iPhone is and N70 is not exactly fast and likes to crashes with the third party apps that I use. It also sports a much better default browser (try the Nokia one, I dare you) and has WLAN, which N70 doesn't. Also, a bigger screen for video playback and it's a touch screen, which is better than the little unresponsive keys on the N70.

japaleno

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Since I got my iPhone 3G a couple of months ago, my now wife has been wanting one badly. We just got married 3 weeks ago and we need to put her on my cell plan, but money is extremely tight at the moment and we can't afford to buy another phone. We think that she may be diabetic and we are saving our money so that we can get her tested, and with the glucose monitor that is supposed to be coming out for the 3GS, that would be really handy to have and keep track of her blood sugar. Her birthday is in a few weeks and this would make a great present for her.

tapdraw

May 31, 2008
Visit site
There are a lot of geeky reasons why I want the new iPhone (faster processor, prospective apps, just to name a few) but the main reason I want one is for video. My wife and I had our first daughter in February and I take tons of pictures of her with my 3G but I would love to be able to capture these early years in video too.

I've also gotten into a lot of new podcasts and I'm filling up the 8GB. I needs more space.

tyffaknee

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying win one for my sister! I preordered one for myself already. Her current phone is nothing fancy... just some phone that came free with a 2-yr contract. Her contract is up at the end of the year. I'd really like to help her get the upgrade! She's headed off to college in the fall, and I think the iPhone and some good apps could be really helpful to her!

sppatel

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am upgrading due to the speed and the video. Just had a newborn and its going to be great being able to capture memories whenever/whereever and not lug a camcorder around all the time.

craigf4656

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Two primary reasons, in order:

1) Increased Speed
2) Better camera

And also 3) because I'm not eligible to upgrade through AT&T yet... a gift certificate would make it much more doable.

texaskd5

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have been rocking a 1g iphone since 2007 and will probably never use another phone. I could really use an upgrade and the 3GS is possibly the most amazing phone of all time, also being an EE student with a thirst for the new and cool in electronics does not help!

kimota

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's what Jesus wants!!

Increased capacity (32GB), autofocus, voice control and 2X Improved performance were what most attracted me but the real deal breaker was "Jesus".

Forsake all others look not on to Nokia nor Samsung and especially Palm Pre. Though there are many that are called phones, there is but one true "iPhone". That's pretty much how Jesus explained it to me.

Amen.

Mavwin

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Why do I want to upgrade?
Well, my operator gave me an iPhone 3g 8gb and now he wants it back. I have invested in many apps and games and can't bare the thought of living without my iPhone anymore.
I didn't know that I had to return the phone to the operator and I can't afford an iPhone today.

Why the 3G S model? - I love to play games on my phone and like the compass feature.

nbarrett#CB

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I would love to give it to my wife for our anniversary(which is today). She has always had the crappy phone and I know she would love to be able to shoot video of the kids. She always been willing to let me get the tech I want and I want to repay the favor.

wallyfoo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll bite.

I was considering a Flip Video for my wife. I'd much rather roll it into one device than have to worry about keeping track of two.

Ok, and I'd like the faster proc, too.

iPhone 3G S, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2