I would like to get the 3GS, because I currently own a Nokia N70, which I don't like, as S60 is not as supported with third party apps as iPhone is and N70 is not exactly fast and likes to crashes with the third party apps that I use. It also sports a much better default browser (try the Nokia one, I dare you) and has WLAN, which N70 doesn't. Also, a bigger screen for video playback and it's a touch screen, which is better than the little unresponsive keys on the N70.
    06-18-2009 08:46 AM
    Since I got my iPhone 3G a couple of months ago, my now wife has been wanting one badly. We just got married 3 weeks ago and we need to put her on my cell plan, but money is extremely tight at the moment and we can't afford to buy another phone. We think that she may be diabetic and we are saving our money so that we can get her tested, and with the glucose monitor that is supposed to be coming out for the 3GS, that would be really handy to have and keep track of her blood sugar. Her birthday is in a few weeks and this would make a great present for her.
    06-18-2009 08:48 AM
    I want the 3G S cuz it's the coolest. Just like me.
    06-18-2009 08:48 AM
    There are a lot of geeky reasons why I want the new iPhone (faster processor, prospective apps, just to name a few) but the main reason I want one is for video. My wife and I had our first daughter in February and I take tons of pictures of her with my 3G but I would love to be able to capture these early years in video too.

I've also gotten into a lot of new podcasts and I'm filling up the 8GB. I needs more space.
    06-18-2009 08:49 AM
    One of my hobbies is video producing, I want to make a short movie shot entirely with an iphone, plus I'm a gadget freak and I think my phone is my best friend, Dionte Love Productions
    06-18-2009 08:50 AM
    I'm trying win one for my sister! I preordered one for myself already. Her current phone is nothing fancy... just some phone that came free with a 2-yr contract. Her contract is up at the end of the year. I'd really like to help her get the upgrade! She's headed off to college in the fall, and I think the iPhone and some good apps could be really helpful to her!
    06-18-2009 08:50 AM
    I am upgrading due to the speed and the video. Just had a newborn and its going to be great being able to capture memories whenever/whereever and not lug a camcorder around all the time.
    06-18-2009 08:52 AM
    Two primary reasons, in order:

1) Increased Speed
    2) Better camera

And also 3) because I'm not eligible to upgrade through AT&T yet... a gift certificate would make it much more doable.
    06-18-2009 08:53 AM
    Switching from a BB pearl on VZW due to it falling apart. Also want to get a GSM phone for travel.
    06-18-2009 08:54 AM
    I have been rocking a 1g iphone since 2007 and will probably never use another phone. I could really use an upgrade and the 3GS is possibly the most amazing phone of all time, also being an EE student with a thirst for the new and cool in electronics does not help!
    06-18-2009 08:55 AM
    Increased capacity (32GB), autofocus, voice control and 2X Improved performance were what most attracted me but the real deal breaker was "Jesus".

Forsake all others look not on to Nokia nor Samsung and especially Palm Pre. Though there are many that are called phones, there is but one true "iPhone". That's pretty much how Jesus explained it to me.

Amen.
    06-18-2009 08:56 AM
    Why do I want to upgrade?
    Well, my operator gave me an iPhone 3g 8gb and now he wants it back. I have invested in many apps and games and can't bare the thought of living without my iPhone anymore.
    I didn't know that I had to return the phone to the operator and I can't afford an iPhone today.

Why the 3G S model? - I love to play games on my phone and like the compass feature.
    06-18-2009 08:56 AM
    I'm from Mississippi, but living in Massachusetts. I need something to help me keep up.

BD
    06-18-2009 08:58 AM
    I would love to give it to my wife for our anniversary(which is today). She has always had the crappy phone and I know she would love to be able to shoot video of the kids. She always been willing to let me get the tech I want and I want to repay the favor.
    06-18-2009 08:59 AM
    I'll bite.

I was considering a Flip Video for my wife. I'd much rather roll it into one device than have to worry about keeping track of two.

Ok, and I'd like the faster proc, too.

iPhone 3G S, please.
    06-18-2009 08:59 AM
    Because I'm using the Storm...

I'd like a stable OS that actually responds...
    I'd like to install apps without worrying that my 128m of memory will be used up.
    I'd like to take video that actually works (The Storm randomly records video that nothing can play, not even the Storm).
    I'd like to stop upgrading with the hope that maybe 'this one will make my phone work right'. - Related: I'm tired of watching crackberry like a hawk for new leaks.
    I'd like to stop pulling the battery to clear the memory.
    I don't want to click my screen anymore...I really, really don't.
    I want real apps that really work.
    I want to be able to change screens in under 5 seconds.
    I want a real media player.
    I want my phone to actually be able to display all the colors it was designed to (recent OS's use a restricted color palette...presumably for speed)
    I want to stop worrying about dust under the screen.
    I want a phone that is at least somewhat 'intuitive'.
    For all the hype, I've realized that I don't use multi-tasking...and I hate memory leaks.
    I'm tired of seeing the hourglass/spinning-clock icon...
    I want a phone that can keep up with how fast I type (no..seriously...you have no idea how much I want that...).
    I want to stop explaining to people how to use my phone so they can make a phone call with it ("Press down on the screen...no actually press it like a button...").
    I want to play games.

When I first got the Storm I was deceived into thinking that Blackberry had actually come out with a phone that could compare with the iPhone. I even thought the clickable screen was a good idea (no seriously, I thought that). I have since seen the error of my ways and I'm finally going to get an iPhone, even though I have to pay a cancellation fee with Verizon.
    06-18-2009 09:00 AM
    The 4 times larger storage is what I'm most excited about, followed by the video recording.
    Please pick me! TiPb rules! Aaahhh!
    06-18-2009 09:01 AM
    im currently using an ipod touch2g and i have done a whole lot of research on the iphone3gs and i was planning to get it because i was interested in the apps AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE SPEED!first i will say i am interested in the apps.Even though im a 14year old i am really interested in creating apps for the whole world to see and with the iphone3gs i can bring everything to a whole new level.I can upload my youtube videos anywhere i am and etc.Next the speed.Iphone3gs has a ram capcity 2x more den iphone3g which makes surfing faster and more efficient.Having this much speed i have more capabilities of multitasking eg. searching information for my homework while chatting with my friends.Lastly the camera i am interested in the autofocus camera which makes it so much easier to take pictures compared to the iphone3g, and from there i can post my pictures right onto facebook so everyone of my friends and family can see.Thank you for reading this.
    -bryan
    06-18-2009 09:01 AM
    I was robbed and I still waiting. I loved everything about it.

But...

Getting the 3G S would make it all better.

_d
    06-18-2009 09:02 AM
    I was one of the crazies that stood in line when the original iPhone released. Now 2 years later my 8GB are full and my maps are always lagging behind. Plus the video camera and voice control would be nice also.

Thanks for the chance to win a new one.

-Micah Mathis
    06-18-2009 09:03 AM
    I like many people have bought every version of the iPhone offered thus far. So I want to keep that trend alive, but would rather not buy this one. If TiPb were to give me the iPhone 3GS then my life would be complete, well until the next version comes out!! To sum it up in a few words..... IM ADDICTED TO THE IPHONE. I'm and iAddict.
    I've been trying to fight the iPhone bug for about a year now, ever since my boyfriend got one. I told myself I don't need all those fancy features.

But now that the new one is out, I think I might have to bite the bullet. His iPhone has gotten us out of so many jams, and he's really sick of me always asking to use his iPhone. Plus, that voice control looks really nifty.
    I am reading a lot of hard luck stories on here....I don't have one. So, with that said I want an iPhone 3Gs because I am a gadget freak and HAVE to have the latest and greatest gadgets on the planet. Keeping my wife happy, by not spending money on a new iPhone 3Gs, will ensure my well being and happiness, at least for now. Pick me!

B-
    06-18-2009 09:04 AM
    I really, really would love nothing more than being the proud owner of an iPhone 3G-S. I have been stuck with rubbish phones for years now and the iPhone would be ideal for me and make me so happy. That sounds materialistic, but the reasons behind using the iPhone would be to keep in touch with my lovely friends and family as I have recently moved to university. I still have a few months remaining on my current crummy phone's contract and I'm surfing the net each day, constantly seeing adverts for this brilliant new phone popping up everywhere. I really would love to be the owner of one and something good come my way for once!
    06-18-2009 09:05 AM
    I purchased the original iPhone used from a friend of mine, and absolutely love it. I would love to get the new iPhone 3G S simply for the video capabilities. My son is now 2 1/2 and doing all of the cute things every kid does, and I have a new baby girl arriving in August. Pictures are ok to send to grandparents, but videos would be even better.
    06-18-2009 09:05 AM
625 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD