Changing my iphone 3g thats under warranty w/o the sim?

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I bought an iphone 3G off of CL and used it on Tmobile.

It works fine and its still under warranty, but it got a few dust particles underneath the glass. Is there anyway to exchange it without an att sim card?

Please help me regarding this issue :) Thanks!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Could always restore it an unlock it again if they know how to.

Your thinking of jailbreaking it. A restore will not get rid of traces of it being unlocked.

*I know for a fact is if you brought a phone that has been unlocked into the Apple store and it got by employees there and they send it to be fixed... it will come back to you the same way you sent it to them. They will not touch it.

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Ash,

If you JAILBREAK and then restore, can Apple detect that?

I'm going in for a warranty replacement (I'm on the ATT network, bought the phone a month ago, have jailbroken and restored, and am having problems so I need the warranty replacement).

Dsmithjr

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
You might just give it a try. I bought a 3G off CL that had a broken sim tray, and Apple replaced it with a new one no questions asked. Of course, there was an ATT sim in there, but they didn't even look at the phone. He just tried to get the sim out, said it was broke, and gave me a new phone. Your real problem is that if you do get the phone replaced, it will be updated to 2.30.03 by Apple. That means you'll wave your unlock goodbye. You might just want to hold on to that phone a while longer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77