So I picked up the MagSafe popsocket attachment today. I was all excited to use it… then it says not to use on bare phone 🤨. That’s the whole reason I wanted use this thing ugh. I did test it out on the bare phone and it sticks pretty darn good. I wonder if it’s just a statement so they aren’t responsible for broken phones if the attachment slips off
    07-17-2021 08:49 PM
    Just found this article that gives a little insight: https://www.theverge.com/22445808/ma...stick-adhesive

Short answer: the slippery back of the iPhone means it could dislodge a bit too easily. Looks like your best bet is to use an Apple Magsafe case that has magnets of its own and a stickier surface.
    07-17-2021 09:22 PM
    I did see that article but he’s like aggressively flicking his wrist. I’m just trying to hold the phone normal but take a little pressure off my pinky lol
    07-18-2021 08:33 AM
    That’s frustrating to be sure! Do you think that you will keep it?
    07-18-2021 09:50 AM
    That’s frustrating to be sure! Do you think that you will keep it?
    Idk yet. I think I’m gonna test the strength at home for a week then go from there.
    Annie_M likes this.
    07-18-2021 01:31 PM
    A super-thin MagSafe case is all you'll need to use it. I have the MagSafe Wallet+ and use a MagSafe Nomad leather case and it's the perfect combo since the magnet on the wallet is super-strong when used with a case.
    07-21-2021 03:53 PM
    My wife had a bunch of popsockets so I just got her a Magsafe disk from Amazon that the socket attaches to with adhesive. Her phone is in an Otterbox MagSafe case, but the popsocket disk stays firmly on the phone. I hear the official popsocket magsafe is even stronger, maybe that is due to the size. Comparing the Amazon disk on my leather case vs here Otterbox, I can definitely see how the friction of a case vs glass would create a difference in the shaking kind of scenario, but normal use I would think it would be fine.
    08-10-2021 04:11 PM
    Looking to get the pop socket that wraps around the device don’t know if I trust the mag safe to hold it on.
    09-26-2021 08:07 AM