I just picked up the MagSafe pop socket attachment

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I picked up the MagSafe popsocket attachment today. I was all excited to use it… then it says not to use on bare phone 🤨. That’s the whole reason I wanted use this thing ugh. I did test it out on the bare phone and it sticks pretty darn good. I wonder if it’s just a statement so they aren’t responsible for broken phones if the attachment slips off

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I did see that article but he’s like aggressively flicking his wrist. I’m just trying to hold the phone normal but take a little pressure off my pinky lol

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
A super-thin MagSafe case is all you'll need to use it. I have the MagSafe Wallet+ and use a MagSafe Nomad leather case and it's the perfect combo since the magnet on the wallet is super-strong when used with a case.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
My wife had a bunch of popsockets so I just got her a Magsafe disk from Amazon that the socket attaches to with adhesive. Her phone is in an Otterbox MagSafe case, but the popsocket disk stays firmly on the phone. I hear the official popsocket magsafe is even stronger, maybe that is due to the size. Comparing the Amazon disk on my leather case vs here Otterbox, I can definitely see how the friction of a case vs glass would create a difference in the shaking kind of scenario, but normal use I would think it would be fine.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Looking to get the pop socket that wraps around the device don’t know if I trust the mag safe to hold it on.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting one of those. But better to just get the pop socket case without mag safe. You can leave or remove the pop socket and adjust it also.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I’ve had the MagSafe pop socket since Oct 2021… I’ve used it on the bare phone as well as with MagSafe cases and I’ve never had it slip or come off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2