Something to consider about Mag Safe

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
No need for the MagSafe charger. The only wireless charger that I use is the one that's built into my car. Actually, that's the only time wireless charging makes sense is int he vehilce with wireless charging with wireless Apple car play. Wanted 120Hz,Touch ID of some sort(the mask inconvenience is real) AOD or at least one of them. I could care less about some damn magnets.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really feeling any of the Mag Safe items. Seems like a money grab to me. I'm pretty sure we already have plenty of charging devices for Apple products.

Exactly this and me neither. I have enough wireless chargers and bricks all over, where as the Mag is not a first thought charging method.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
No need for the MagSafe charger. The only wireless charger that I use is the one that's built into my car. Actually, that's the only time wireless charging makes sense is int he vehilce with wireless charging with wireless Apple car play. Wanted 120Hz,Touch ID of some sort(the mask inconvenience is real) AOD or at least one of them. I could care less about some damn magnets.
This method worked for me. Took a couple tries but got it to work now FaceID works with my mask on. It doesn't compromise security too. I had others try to unlock my phone with their mask on and it didn't work.
b796be2ab9a5f9f6efb1cf21f41300b7.jpg

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm not really feeling any of the Mag Safe items. Seems like a money grab to me. I'm pretty sure we already have plenty of charging devices for Apple products.
Definitely a money grab when only their NEW 20W charger will provide the full 15W charging mag safe can provide. So everyone that bought Apple branded fast chargers in the past won't even work with mag safe to it's full spec. What a joke.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/26/magsafe-charger-needs-20w-power-adapter/

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes and no.
I already have a charging dock, like the ones you see in Apple Stores displayed.
It’s just that if I wiggle my iPhone a little, it stops charging and when I wiggle more it charges again.
After 4 years that thing has seen tear and wear.
I want to do away with it and use something that doesn’t tear my charging port up.
I don’t even care about the charging speed, as my iPhone will be on the charger during bed time.

So yes; I’m gonna get a mag safe charger for my bed room and one for the living room.
I guess I fixed the issue with my dock today.
I noticed that the lightning bit was bend a little so I bent it back with pliers.
It works as new now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77