As ugly as it looks, the camera on the iPhone 11Pro seems absolutely AMAZING!!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm personally the "I haven’t updated my phone in a couple of years (7 Plus), Apple products work great for me, and I’ve had dozens of high and mid range androids over the years to be able to say I honestly do like Android, but just not sure I REALLY want to abandon what I have invested in Apple".

View attachment 126811

I'm thinking about getting an iPad Pro, selling my Max, and just using my Note 10+ full time. I like it that much.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I wasn't shocked about the price, and if I would trade my phone in, that would make it better. I really like the 11 Pro Max, but I'm just not ready to switch. But it does have my attention!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually don’t find the camera ugly, in fact it’s refreshing. Especially after every single android oem copied the iPhone X/Xs Max rear camera design for the past two years.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually don’t find the camera ugly, in fact it’s refreshing. Especially after every single android oem copied the iPhone X/Xs Max rear camera design for the past two years.

There’s only so much a manufacturer can do with devices, so look alikes don’t bother me. With that being said, I just hope we aren’t moving towards devices where the majority of the back is a camera. I’d need to see the device in person to get a good understanding of how large that camera area is. I, also, wasn’t a fan of the X camera, but there was no other option without a home button, so I got it. Luckily, I don’t have to look at the back LOL

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There’s only so much a manufacturer can do with devices, so look alikes don’t bother me. With that being said, I just hope we aren’t moving towards devices where the majority of the back is a camera. I’d need to see the device in person to get a good understanding of how large that camera area is. I, also, wasn’t a fan of the X camera, but there was no other option without a home button, so I got it. Luckily, I don’t have to look at the back LOL

That’s not entirely true.
There were plenty of different camera arrangements used by different android oems before apple released the vertical pill shaped camera arrangement introduced with the iPhone X. After the release of the iPhone X, the pill shaped camera arrangement and camera placement was copied by every android oem, it was pretty blatant and rather repetitive. Some also copied the notch.

Apple was using the pill shaped camera arrangement since the 7 plus, although it was horizontal pre-face id, not vertical.

Wait for it, android oems will copy the iPhone pro, camera arrangement next. Until that happens the the iPhone 11 pro is a refreshing change, that I quite like.

Now if I can only decide between the green and the gold.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Samsung already tried it LOL

https://9to5google.com/2012/12/08/r...-you-fall-in-love-with-taking-pictures-again/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, and as a photographer, I was really not impressed with the device camera. Especially with all the other ones on the market.

Yes, the whole "shot on iPhone" campaign is great, but the bottom line is you can get better results with less expensive equipment.

Just another example of "let's make a mediocre device, slap an Apple logo on it, and charge anywhere between $1100 and $1500 for it, and people will buy it because it's an Apple product".

How can you tell, by just watching a streaming show with a video? Might be better than you think. As far as smartphones go.

KrisYYC

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
The camera upgrade is a big deal for me. I have an iPhone XS but I also have a Pixel 3. For video recording the iPhone is superior but the Pixel 3 trounced it in still photography in my opinion. Especially in low light. Now that iPhone has an ultra-wide angle lens and how all three cameras work together so seamlessly even in video is a massive upgrade in my opinion. They've caught up to the Android flagships.

So the stove top arrangement doesn't bother me. I can't wait to try the cameras out!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
3489cafc31aa1f305780a80127430ddb.jpg

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
So I picked up my pro Max yesterday. Another consideration for me is security. While I don’t doubt there are some shady things going on with most companies and our personal data, Apple is about selling products and services and not your information like Google. I personally do not have a google account of any kind for this reason and believe Apple respects privacy more than the others. I’m willing to pay extra for this reason. Just my humble opinion.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, for the record, I was not going to upgrade. My 7 Plus was working fine and I just wasn't going to spend the money. I was actually looking at another Canon camera.

Anyway, last Saturday morning the wife and I are on the back patio and she informs me she wants up upgrade our iPhones.

What am I going to do, say NO????

17e659182dbef0dfc91d358e076da19c.jpg

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok, for the record, I was not going to upgrade. My 7 Plus was working fine and I just wasn't going to spend the money. I was actually looking at another Canon camera.

Anyway, last Saturday morning the wife and I are on the back patio and she informs me she wants up upgrade our iPhones.

No smart man says no to his wife.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Yes, you say NO congrats!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2