Alternative camera app?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Forgive me as iam relatively new to Apple/IOS but i am wondering if there is a third party camera app that enhances the camera quality even further? Or do you all stick to the default camera app?

I know for Android the Gcam app is said to improve photo quality although i have never tried it out myself.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Check out the selection listed via the iMore Blog.

The information found here should also be helpful to you.

Most Camera apps seem to involve manual controls which to a newbie with no photography experience suggests you need to know what you are doing and it takes more effort to get a good shot as oppose to use the stock camera app.

Ideally iam interested in a camera app thats a straight forward point and shoot but its software goes to work in the background to produce generally better quality images then the stock app?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most Camera apps seem to involve manual controls which to a newbie with no photography experience suggests you need to know what you are doing and it takes more effort to get a good shot as oppose to use the stock camera app.

Ideally iam interested in a camera app thats a straight forward point and shoot but its software goes to work in the background to produce generally better quality images then the stock app?

No. Apps like Camera + have been around for years and provide the simplicity you’re seeking as well as allow for manual configuration. Others in that last do as well.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Third party camera apps were the rage a while back and I still have a folder full of them but since getting the 11 Pro Max I find the default camera app to be the best of the bunch

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Third party camera apps were the rage a while back and I still have a folder full of them but since getting the 11 Pro Max I find the default camera app to be the best of the bunch

Yeah i downloaded one or two but you really have to know your stuff with the manual controls to take advantage! For just pointing and shooting and getting good results the default cam seems best

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Forgive me as iam relatively new to Apple/IOS but i am wondering if there is a third party camera app that enhances the camera quality even further? Or do you all stick to the default camera app?

I know for Android the Gcam app is said to improve photo quality although i have never tried it out myself.

As a photographer, I've used all the apps @Just_Me_D linked to the iMore blog, but once I got the 11 Pro Max, I pretty much stopped using them and only use the default app.

Well, except for Spectre Camera, for long exposure shots. Great for waterfall shots:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spectre-camera/id1450074595
$2.99 but worth it.

eZy Watermark_12-03-2020_08-24-49PM.jpg

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

Gcam is popular because it helps improve inferior stock camera performance on a many Android devices. On the iPhone 11 Pro I've not used any of the apps I've purchased over the years because I'm generally happy with the results the stock app gives. Now I still use Hallide and Spectre on occasions, but only because they offer things I like to use on random occasions. The stock app is really good on the iPhone.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Stick with stock for your everyday point and shoot. It has gotten better and the only reason to use a 3rd party are for manual control or shooting methods not offered by the stock camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2