Upgrade from Xs max, downgrade for 3D touch

bassjo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I’ve noticed that’s different between 3D Touch and the long press on iOS 13 is that long pressing the phone icon for instance to bring up my favorites, is a tad bit slower than on my iPhone XS Max. I never used the stock keyboard before always used swiftkey and then Gboard neither of which allowed you to scroll around that I was aware of. I’m digging the stock keyboard with dark mode.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Another minor annoyance with the removal of 3D Touch is the method for rearranging/deleting apps from the home screen. Previously, you could force press to provide app options from the home screen and long press to rearrange/delete apps. Now, it's a long press to bring up the options instead of going right to deleting them. Then you have to select, "Rearrange apps". It's an extra step due to no longer having the ability to simply long press and do the same thing immediately.

Unless I'm pressing wrong, this has been my experience. I enjoyed the force press options as a separate thing and the long press to rearrange/delete as a separate thing. Combining the two adds steps depending on what you want to do.

Not enough to make me dislike the phone. But just a requirement of retraining how I use my device based on the removal of a feature Apple gave us and then took away lol.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Another minor annoyance with the removal of 3D Touch is the method for rearranging/deleting apps from the home screen. Previously, you could force press to provide app options from the home screen and long press to rearrange/delete apps. Now, it's a long press to bring up the options instead of going right to deleting them. Then you have to select, "Rearrange apps". It's an extra step due to no longer having the ability to simply long press and do the same thing immediately.

Unless I'm pressing wrong, this has been my experience. I enjoyed the force press options as a separate thing and the long press to rearrange/delete as a separate thing. Combining the two adds steps depending on what you want to do.

Not enough to make me dislike the phone. But just a requirement of retraining how I use my device based on the removal of a feature Apple gave us and then took away lol.

You don’t have to choose rearrange apps. You can keep holding past that and the icons will begin to wiggle like they always did.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the flashlight a lot. That's the main place I have the "pushing on the screen" problem. I'm so used to 3D touch'ing to turn the flashlight on. Have to train myself not to push now.

Deep pressing on the flashlight feels like it did before so I’ll continue to do it that way...(laughing)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2