3D Touch Not Working

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Good Evening,

I purchased a new XS Max and the 3D Touch does not work, I’ve run the following steps:

- Checked its on in settings
- Restored the phone

There is just no response from the screen.

Has anyone else had an issue and if so did you manage to fix it or as I suspect its a hardware problem as my previous XS Max worked fine with 3D Touch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good Evening,

I purchased a new XS Max and the 3D Touch does not work, I’ve run the following steps:

- Restored the phone

Has anyone else had an issue and if so did you manage to fix it or as I suspect its a hardware problem as my previous XS Max worked fine with 3D Touch.

I recommend you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and fix the problem for you. If you just purchased it, they'll more than likely swap it out.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you decide to restore, definitely do a restore from new. Before you try that, I would make an appointment with the Genius Bar, just to make sure that the issue can’t be resolved before you go to the trouble of restoring.

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Took its into Apple Store and they agreed this was a hardware fault and replaced the screen under warranty.

Good Evening,

- Restored the phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro