Close Slide Over apps

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Close Slide Over apps
Quickly close a window in Slide Over by going to the App Switcher and flicking up.

Thats the description of how it should be easy to close any apps that have come up over the top of another app.

In reality I have no way of knowing how to do that.

So last night i was on my ipad using safari and i touched the right hand side of my screen and next thing i know an email app was on top and in the right hand side.

I had to push the home button to minimise them both and then go back into safari.

How do i do that without having to minimise them both via them

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So with the slide-over apps, you can have as many as you want open at a time. While in an app, if you slide your finger from the right side of the screen to the left, it will "slide" over the slide-over apps. Now, at the top of the slide over apps, you will see a small gray line at the top. This is used to basically drag and move the slide-over apps across the screen. Just drag and hold then side around the apps. The longer gray bar at the bottom can be used in two ways: slide across this from l-r or r-l and it will scroll through each of your side over apps. drag this bar up and it will open all slide over apps into an app view. From there you can scroll through the list by dragging left or right. to close an app from the slide over list, just tap and hold on an app then slide it up and off the screen. This will close out that app.

One more thing. You can just drag the slide over apps off the home screen by simply holding the small bar at the top and sliding the apps off the screen to the right. Doesn't seem to work if you try and slide them off on the left side.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77