iPadOS Public Beta 1 is out

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Going to be a long afternoon waiting to get home and install this on my 10.5 Pro :)

Last edited:

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm ready for it, but I'm trying to figure out how to switch to the public beta from currently using the developer beta 2

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Flyinion for your help. It sounds like I can download the public beta profile, install it...Reboot. Then when a newer build is available, it will give me that one. I think the Developer Beta 2 and the current Public Beta are the same ← Don’t quote me on that, but I’ve read that somewhere.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Mostly seeing graphical glitches in various apps, obviously to be expected until they get updated. Occasionally seeing a bug where if I open an app in portrait, rotate to landscape, go back to the home screen the dock has rotated but the icons have not and are either stuck until opening another app and going back, or the first time I had to reboot. Logged of course in the feedback thing. Also seems like iPadOS hasn't gotten the new Maps yet. I can't see any visual difference between the ones on my phone running 12.x and the iPad. Even looked somewhere that should be really obvious, the big tourist area Pier 39 in San Francisco. Or is it only Satellite view that got updated? I thought they said they revamped all the plain maps too?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing a couple issues so far...

1. When having the widgets populate the left side of the home screen, when swiping to another screen and then back, sometime they will be gone and you will have to swipe from the left to get them back.

Also, how do you turn this option on or off? I didn't find the option in the settings.

2. Everything is smaller on this version. Icons and icon text. So yes I can fit more icons on a page but the icon text is small(which is not affected by font size). The font size needs to affect the icon text

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm seeing a couple issues so far...

1. When having the widgets populate the left side of the home screen, when swiping to another screen and then back, sometime they will be gone and you will have to swipe from the left to get them back.

Also, how do you turn this option on or off? I didn't find the option in the settings.

2. Everything is smaller on this version. Icons and icon text. So yes I can fit more icons on a page but the icon text is small(which is not affected by font size). The font size needs to affect the icon text

For the Widget thing scroll down to the "Edit" button where you'd normally go to add/remove active widgets to the list. At the top will be a new switch to permanently make the widgets part of the first home screen and you can pin favorites at the top of the list of active ones as well. I have to say I'm slightly disappointed in this feature. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the WWDC stream or I just assumed coming from Android a few years ago and thinking about how it works there that the functionality would be that we'd be putting individual widgets on a screen and it wasn't just tied to the first screen.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Also, the Widgets attached to the screen ONLY works in landscape. It will disappear in portrait though you can swipe from the left to get the overlay version.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed that the widgets don't show up under the date when you first login (After inputting the passcode)
I have to pull them up then back down so that the date shows and the widgets stay visible

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Found a bug with the light/dark mode switching gray wallpaper. It bugs out in the preview. Will still apply, but only applies the dark mode version no matter what mode you're in. Reported it. It's working correctly on my iPhone though so must be either an iPadOS issue or an issue with my iPad (10.5 Pro). The other wallpaper colors work no problem. I'd actually been using the green one for a few days and just noticed the issue with the gray one when I tried to use it today. Trying to change the wallpaper after applying it would also lock up settings until I force closed and opened it again at which point I could choose a functioning wallpaper.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Emails are a little sluggish, but everything seems to be working ok for a beta. Loving the Dark Theme.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I usually run the betas on my iPad mini, I was really sad that my mini 3 was not able to run the new Beta. I guess it’s time to upgrade to the new mini, the ability to use the pencil will be worth it!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I usually run the betas on my iPad mini, I was really sad that my mini 3 was not able to run the new Beta. I guess it’s time to upgrade to the new mini, the ability to use the pencil will be worth it!

I hear ya. I have the iPad Mini 2 and the 2 and 3 are virtually the same with the Mini 3 having Touch ID. I will be considering upgrading my iPad also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2