I would say that it depends on what you want to use the iPad for. I use my iPad Air as a laptop replacement. I have the Belkin Qode bluetooth keyboard case and it turns my iPad into a very productive machine. I also have an iPad Mini Retina that I use for a lot of multimedia.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-21-2014 10:45 PM
    I use my iPad air all the time. When I'm at home it it generally all I use.
    02-26-2014 08:56 AM
    I use my iPad air all the time. When I'm at home it it generally all I use.
    I have an iPad Mini Retina as well as the Air. After putting my Air in the Zagg keyboard case, I don't really use the Mini when at home as much. Before, I was just using the Air at home. I don't know how I'm going to split time between the two. I guess it is a good problem to have though

02-26-2014 09:25 AM
    I have an iPad Mini Retina as well as the Air. After putting my Air in the Zagg keyboard case, I don't really use the Mini when at home as much. Before, I was just using the Air at home. I don't know how I'm going to split time between the two. I guess it is a good problem to have though

When the battery dies in my rMini I use the Air and vice versa. I figure they batteries should last 2x as long that way.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    02-26-2014 10:15 AM
    Why not if you willing to spend extra cash? If you like playing games or watching videos, ipad is better suited for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iRiidium and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-02-2014 09:33 PM
    Totally Agreed with *dkhmwilliams. Why? Because that depends on your requirement ,or replacement that you want to. To minimize your compilation you have to use iPhone just. One of my friend use iPhone,but don't need iPad for other purposes. if it would be me, i will surely so same as dkhmwilliams...
    04-10-2014 01:08 PM
    This a choice you can make , what you needs more , ipad is better for reading , watching videos ,do some work ,but i dont know , its best if you can allow the both
    04-15-2014 03:34 PM
    Once you read a book, browse the web, or use a really good tablet optimized app on an iPad you'll either want to buy one ASAP or you'll never want to give yours up.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    04-18-2014 11:43 PM
    Nah.... Macbook Air 13" is what you need, not an ipad
    04-19-2014 04:23 AM
    Nope. Get yourself a laptop instead.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-19-2014 05:02 AM
    I just bought an ipad mini, and I also have an iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro. I mainly bought the mini to take with me on a 9 month trip to Asia. It's good for watching some movies and reading books. Since I'm using the mini I got used to that bigger screen. It's so weird working with my iPhone now. I am seriously thinking of selling my iPhone now and buying the most simple phone on the market. The only thing I will miss is runkeeper and maybe the quick uses during waiting but that's something I will get used to I guess
    05-08-2014 02:55 AM
    I would still buy one if the opportunity arises. I'd still use both equally.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    05-08-2014 08:27 AM
    Each has its own use. I carry a iPhone 5, an iPad Air, and a Mac Pro laptop. I travel a lot and carry all three with me. The iPhone is always in my pocket, the iPad and Mac Pro in my backpack. Each serve important functions. My iPhone is for calls and when I don't have my backpack. My iPad is when I don't have access to power and need to do serious work, like on an airplane or in a restaurant. My Mac Pro is when I have power and table to work.

05-09-2014 09:17 PM
    I just bought an ipad mini, and I also have an iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro. I mainly bought the mini to take with me on a 9 month trip to Asia. It's good for watching some movies and reading books. Since I'm using the mini I got used to that bigger screen. It's so weird working with my iPhone now. I am seriously thinking of selling my iPhone now and buying the most simple phone on the market. The only thing I will miss is runkeeper and maybe the quick uses during waiting but that's something I will get used to I guess
    I actually had a set up like that.

As far as having a dumb phone & an iPad. I had an iPad 3 and a dumb phone for a year. I used the iPad 3 for text & internet while using the dumb phone for obviously phone calling. It was cool and all, but then having the iPhone & iPad compliments each other very well.

I currently have a 5s and Air, both jailbroken... it's an awesome set up.
    05-10-2014 09:12 AM
    I have this question too. I am also debating on whether I need an Ipad. I am really considering one since I travel often with my laptop. Lugging around a heavy bag will take it's toll on my small back sooner or later being that I am very petite. Whenever I commute back and forth from NYC with my laptop, I get tired at the end of the day. Since I'm going to be working, I need to lighten my load.
    05-24-2014 01:48 AM
    Yes, you do.
    I've heard people saying they use iPads as laptop replacements and while I used to think that's bs, I do agree now I own an iPad myself. It's just super convenient, for reading, watching movies, working, using web. Just go ahead and buy it, you won't be disappointed. Personally I own iPad Air and I love it. Wouldn't trade for anything else other than iPad Air 2
    06-28-2014 06:11 AM
    I actually feel that the iPhone is not necessary but but iPad definitely is, lol.

07-05-2014 09:43 AM
42 12