iPad Not Charging via when connected to my PC

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone recently asked the following question: "[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Does anyone know what would cause my iPad to not charging via my PC?" Well, two things immediately come to mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]1. A faulty USB cable[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]2. A faulty USB port[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]I suppose a 3rd option would be a misconfiguration of some sort, but because I haven't used a Windows device is years, I wouldn't know. Still, I recommend doing the following, and in the listed order:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]A. Try to see if the iPad can be detected on a different PC using the same cable. If it can, then more than likely it is your USB connector is to blame or a misconfiguration of some sort within Windows.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]B. If you still can't get the iPad to charge on a different PC, then switch out the USB cabe.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]C. If a new USB cable still doesn't allow the device to charge via your PC, charge it via the wall socket....:)
D. Go to the Microsoft website and see if the problem has been reported to them as well as see if someone has posted a definitive solution.
[/FONT]

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
A USB port on most Windows PCs does not have enough power to charge an iPad. If the screen is off it may get a trickle of power even if it is not indicating that it is charging.

Yup.. that's the answer... it won't matter what machine you have.. most USB ports don't have enough juice

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A USB port on most Windows PCs does not have enough power to charge an iPad. If the screen is off it may get a trickle of power even if it is not indicating that it is charging.
If you choose a USB port on a PC it is important to not use the easy to get to ones in the front or a hub. Use the ones in the back that have more power and you might have a chance as they charge at a higher rate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2