New iPad 8 or keep my original iPad Pro 9.7" (1st gen)

kngoworld

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
Wondering if its worth it to make the upgrade(?) to the new model. Don't want to drop the $ for a new Pro, but would the ipad 8 be an actual upgrade over my original Pro? Suggestions appreciated.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wondering if its worth it to make the upgrade(?) to the new model. Don't want to drop the $ for a new Pro, but would the ipad 8 be an actual upgrade over my original Pro? Suggestions appreciated.

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends upon what you plan on doing with it. If you are just web surfing\media consumption type activities I don't know if it's worth the upgrade at full price. I gave my 9.7 Pro to my father in law and picked up a used gen 6 for $125. If I was to get a gen 8 I would feel I had to get a 128 and then it's too much for what it is.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have the iPad Pro (9.7) model and want to replace it and get the iPad 8 model. I thought about going one of two ways.

iPad Pro (9.7)-------iPad 8

OR

iPad Pro (9.7)-------iPad Pro (10.5) 1st or 2nd generation

I know there are some differences between iPad 8 and iPad Pro models such as speakers and display. I was using the iPad Pro (9.7) as a digital art device to draw, sketch, and edit photos while using the Pencil. Also, I was playing games and watching videos as well. I am looking to do the same thing on the new iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77