Supporting new iPad user far away...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
SEARCHING FOR:
What I'm looking for is a software for PC that can allow me to connect the iPad-4, with or without is cable, to the PC, and then control the iPad with the PC mouse.

THE GOAL:
The goal is to record the PC screen with some "how to" with BandiCam for supporting people's who are new user of the iPad and are far away...

THE PREFER WAY WOULD BE:
My prefer way of support would be to install the PC software to their PC, and take control of their PC with Logmein or other remote software and then I can show them how to do something on their PC screen.
It would also be cool to set some complicated setting that you just need to do once and no need for them to learn how...

NO JAILBREAK SOLUTION PLEASE:
I'm aware of Cydia app Veency that can do what I want but it's out of the question to ask newbie far away to JB :)))

NOTE:
All Remote Desktop software I know don't allow to take remote control of the iPad.
Logmein, Teamviewer, all VNC type software and so on. They don't for now cause they need apple to allow it...

Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
No Teamviewer, is great to control pc from the iPad but not the other way around.
On the TeamViewer site they explain people to ask Apple to allow that in future upgrade.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
After searching the web extensively, I found a software that bring me half way to what I want to do.
It's "Reflector", a cool PC and MAC software that allow iOS device to AirPlay-Mirroring their screen on the PC screen. But you can't control the device with the PC mouse, but at least you can show with the mouse arrow where to go on the device to do what they want.

Here how it work:
I take control of their PC with TeamViewer, I install Reflector software, and then explain ?the far away people? ;) to connect via AirPlay-mirroring (it's easy to explain). After that I can point with my mouse where to go on their PC screen and I can see the iPad screen on my PC and follow what they do on their iPad !

It pretty cool !

Also the software allow you to record a video. So you can connect your iPad to your PC and record a video of what you do and then send "The how to" by email.

But I still would really find a software that would allow me to control the iPad with my PC mouse !

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
After searching the web extensively, I found a software that bring me half way to what I want to do.
It's "Reflector", a cool PC and MAC software that allow iOS device to AirPlay-Mirroring their screen on the PC screen. But you can't control the device with the PC mouse, but at least you can show with the mouse arrow where to go on the device to do what they want.

Here how it work:
I take control of their PC with TeamViewer, I install Reflector software, and then explain ?the far away people? ;) to connect via AirPlay-mirroring (it's easy to explain). After that I can point with my mouse where to go on their PC screen and I can see the iPad screen on my PC and follow what they do on their iPad !

It pretty cool !

Also the software allow you to record a video. So you can connect your iPad to your PC and record a video of what you do and then send "The how to" by email.

But I still would really find a software that would allow me to control the iPad with my PC mouse !

Sounds like a worthwhile experiment. However, in my experience supporting iPhone and iPad users in enterprise. A Skype session and simply walking users through menus empowers them. It also gives them experience with the device. But I do see how this solution can be optimal with users who are lazy or clueless.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well there not lazy just computer shy or old people that take a little more time to learn something new.
But at least with Reflector, they end up doing the action or setting on their iPad. So it help them to learn !

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Judging from the big white dot, I'd say it's the iOS emulator. But you're still not controlling the device...actually, in the emulator there is no device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2