why there is no find function in safari and how do I add it?

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
why there is no find function in safari and how do I add one?

how do i go about adding find function in safari...
thanks.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you mean "Find in Page" just enter the text you want into the search bar--at the bottom of the search suggestion list is the Find in Page option. Tap that and it will highlight all the matches on the page.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
If you mean "Find in Page" just enter the text you want into the search bar--at the bottom of the search suggestion list is the Find in Page option. Tap that and it will highlight all the matches on the page.

oh great! thanks! stupid me.. how could I not notice that... thanks very much!

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
also while on the subject... is there also a "save page" option anywhere in safari? I cant seem to find it too... That would have been really great.. I prefer safari to any other third party browsers since it never lags but to have save page option is important to me.
thank you again.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by "save page?" You can bookmark a page, if that's what you're after: just click the box with the arrow coming out of it at the bottom of the screen, then click Add Bookmark. (Or use Add to Reading List for reading later.)

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "save page?" You can bookmark a page, if that's what you're after: just click the box with the arrow coming out of it at the bottom of the screen, then click Add Bookmark. (Or use Add to Reading List for reading later.)
i mean save entire page for offline reading just like on android and windows OS

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I see. Safari's Reading List feature is only for online viewing; to save things for offline viewing, you'd need a separate app like Read It Later. Check out an overview here.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see. Safari's Reading List feature is only for online viewing; to save things for offline viewing, you'd need a separate app like Read It Later. Check out an overview here.

thank you again for your help! well.. I just tried it and it is very... err.. cumbersome to say the least..... I had to install the app create an account and follow the instructions on how to set it up and so on... well at the end it looks not that bad and as I understand I have to go inside that app to open a saved page.. I am actually surprised on how Apple could miss this very simple feature that exists on every mobile system (even on dying blackberry OS I had that 4 years ago) especially knowing that Apple devices are renowned for their simplicity and ease of use... strange...
well anyway I was wondering if there is an easier way to have that inside the safari with cydia help perhaps, since i'm jailbroken...
thank you again

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Bear in mind that was just the first thing I hit on Google...there are plenty of other apps that do the same thing and might have a better UI. As for Cydia, you could try WebOffline. Not sure of what iOS versions are supported.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Bear in mind that was just the first thing I hit on Google...there are plenty of other apps that do the same thing and might have a better UI. As for Cydia, you could try WebOffline. Not sure of what iOS versions are supported.

great! this is exactly what i was looking for. seems that it is for iOS 5 and up so I'll be testing it tomorrow and also while searching through the repositories I found a few other quite useful things that I'll also install tomorrow. thanks again for your help !

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am actually surprised on how Apple could miss this very simple feature that exists on every mobile system (even on dying blackberry OS I had that 4 years ago) especially knowing that Apple devices are renowned for their simplicity and ease of use... strange...
Not strange at all. There are countless such features. Everyone has some feature that they think should be stock. Apple's design philosophy has nothing to do with it. Development resources are always finite so they're not going to include every single feature out there. That's what apps are for -- to extend the capabilities of your smartphone.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
briareus I agree partially... in my case, in order to acquire such simple feature I had to pay for a package from cydia which by itself is a forbidden app by Apple. as well as whole jailbreaking process and even now I'm having issue with this package and had to ask the developer for help... but again, like i said i'm judging from my own experience and still think that Apple could and definitely should have included this feature which exists on all OS's out there mobile and desktop

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2