So, I have an Iphone 4 and now just ordered the OG Ipad...

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
When I get my Original Ipad and put in my apple ID that I have on my Iphone 4, will it automatically download all my apps and stuff onto the ipad when I hook it up to my computer? Also, when I sync the ipad to the pc, how will it differentiate itself from my Iphone 4 as far as syncing, apps, etc... I have purchased Deadspace, tiny wings, and a few other programs onto my iphone 4, so I am assuming there wont be any charges to me for redownloading it to my Ipad?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You will choose what apps you want to sync from the computer while the iPad is plugged in. You have to transfer the purchases from your iPhone to your computer to get them on there. They will not just automatically download

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so all the apps I downloaded have this iPhone emulator look to it. Is this normal ? Is this why I should buy the "hd" version of things?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol yes it is. To both questions. The apps you see with the + next to it mean its a universal app and works on both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch just for future reference

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so when I buy an app that doesn't have a + next to it, that means i should see if I will use it on my iPad or my iPhone more since they won't be compatible? Why won't all the developers make a + app? All for the money huh...

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The + just means that it's optimized for both iPad and iPhone. You only have to buy it once and it will work on both devices.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone emulator loom you have on all the apps you have is because they are optimized for iPhone only and not iPad. This is what happens when you don't have an iPad optimized app or a app that is optimized for both by the + sign. Should be noted iPhone only optimized apps will show up in the app store on the iPad, but iPad optimized only apps will not show up on the AppStore when opened from the iphone

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so when I buy an app that doesn't have a + next to it, that means i should see if I will use it on my iPad or my iPhone more since they won't be compatible? Why won't all the developers make a + app? All for the money huh...

Yeah, darn though developers wanting some dough for their work!:p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77