Should I upgrade?

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Currently I own an iPad 3G (1st gen), and this has been bugging me since the announcement, is the iPad 2 worth the plunge? I've been considering it mainly because I HATE AT&T's 3G, and because I already have a data only contract with Verizon which I could just add a line to, or should I just wait for a new iPad with more features (possibly fall)?

Also please no carrier bashing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sticking with the first gen. Faster, thinner, lighter, and 2MP camera wasn't worth buying another since I have the iPhone 4. I'm waiting for the 3rd gen.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the first gen. Faster, thinner, lighter, and 2MP camera wasn't worth buying another since I have the iPhone 4. I'm waiting for the 3rd gen.

That's the reason I didn't really care for the cameras, but the graphics murder the competition.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the 16GB WiFi only iPad 1 and will wait until the iPad 3. I don't trust the Craigslist folk and eBay is just not the way I do things. I would rather give the iPad 1 to my daughter than sell it. I am looking to get my company to spring for the iPad. If they happens I'll have the iPad 2, if not iPad 3 next year.
I got the 16GB iPad even though my 16GB iPod Touch was already full to capacity because I knew I would upgrade, but since the changes weren't radical enough to do so - I have to suffer though deleting stuff and having no pictures, music or movies local to the iPad.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
That's the reason I didn't really care for the cameras, but the graphics murder the competition.

If gaming is a major thing for you, then I would recommend investing in the '2'. Cause, as you already stated, it blows the competition out of the water.

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my iPad 1st gen myself. Although I do play games and watch video on it and the iPad 2 has better graphics and speedier processor especially for games, I don't feel the need to upgrade now. Weak cameras same resolution and white didn't do it for me. I'm waiting on iPad 3 and see what apple does with it.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If gaming is a major thing for you, then I would recommend investing in the '2'. Cause, as you already stated, it blows the competition out of the water.

Well I use VLC a lot for movies and I have to lower the frame rate otherwise it lags. The most gaming I do on mine is the occasional Angry Birds.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I sold my 1st gen for half the money and for me the upgrade is worth it. If you're trying to decide go to an Apple store and try it out. I loved the weight and the feeling of it in my hands even though I already knew I was going to get it.

APPvised

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I was tempted to buy the iPad 2 based on the weight alone cause reading or generally using it for extended periods, it starts to feel just a little too heavy. But once Apple reduced the price of my iPad by $100, it ruined my chance of making a decent return on it on eBay soooooo iPad 3 it is...

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I broke down and ordered 2 to replace gen 1 for my wife and I. I said I wasn't going to but couldn't resist any longer! Oh well, it's only $$ !

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPad 2 is much better then the first generation iPad. I've only had miine for a few hours and am in love <3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the ipad 2 since the Apple store had some in stock. I noticed right off the speed was faster when browsing. The camera quality was not impressive nor was the smart cover since it did not protect the back. I did like how it snapped on and closed putting the ipad in sleep mode.

The ipad 2 is lighter and thinner but something about it felt cheap compared to my ipad 1. I did not like how the sides weren't flat like the first generation model. I could not justify the cost and returned it. My ipad 1 still serves me well and is not even a year old. I also like the Apple case I have on it. It protects it well and my ipad still looks new.

I still recommend the ipad 2 for those that don't have one yet, I'm just satisfied with the first one.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
if you have an iphone 4, I would just stick with the 1st gen ipad and wait for the ipad 3 or 4. Theres nothing wrong with the first one.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Played with the iPad 2 yesterday for a while and I must say that it is quite a bit better than the first!! Looks very sleek and smooth, very nice weight and incredibly smooth operation!! The first gen to me feels like a patio block compared to this one! Not saying this to be a jerk or to stir the pot but I think most everybody thinks this is true. I think the first gen is just as relevant as it always was and is a good device but I think we can all lay the denial aside! The iPad 2 is definitely the flagship tablet...just sayin'!!

App Guy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Currently I own an iPad 3G (1st gen), and this has been bugging me since the announcement, is the iPad 2 worth the plunge? I've been considering it mainly because I HATE AT&T's 3G, and because I already have a data only contract with Verizon which I could just add a line to, or should I just wait for a new iPad with more features (possibly fall)?

Also please no carrier bashing.

I'm sticking with 1st gen also.

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I just waiting on my ipad2. Can't find any up here in Canada so i ordered it on line April 6th. I did pick up the 16gb playbook in the mean time nice unit but i'm really looking forward to my ipad2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2