iPad won't update and unusable

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
basically i'm a paying developer and downloaded 4.3 beat 3 then read on tipb that the multi-touch gestures would not be in release i thought i would keep it but then about a month later i picked up out of the dock and it had the connect to itunes sign,so in great alarm i rushed to my computer and plugged it in, itunes then said 'the software on the ipad ****'s ipad has expired and must be updated' so i tried the obvious and checked for software updates but iTunes didnt distinguish between the beta and public version so said i was up-to-date next i tried to download off the apple developer site but being in public release there was nothing but xcode i then went to felibruns.de and downloaded every single type of 4.3 all which got the same error message 'the iPad *****'s ipad could not be updated because the firmware file(?) was not compatible' so then i tried a downgrade to 4.2 of which only one type which said i had no eligibility to update so then i tried to restore and it said it failed to downlaod the software so now i have a fully functioning 64gb 3g ipad but there is nothing but a connect to itunes sign which i cannot get past PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(

jkfritcher

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The multi-touch gestures are in the final 4.3 release, but are disabled by default. As a developer, you can use xcode to enable development mode on your ipad and then a toggle for the multitouch gestures becomes available in Settings.

Reactions: felface

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks so much guys i nearly have a working iPad just a quick Q how did you find my thread (for future reference)

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try using RecBoot. Look it up on Google. All you do is you connect your device and you click on "Exit Recovery Mode" . Have you tried jailbreaking yet? Try jailbreaking with sn0wbreeze beta. Also, have you tried putting it into DFU mode yet? Putting it into DFU mode might work. I have not had this problem before. If you can not find a solution on TiPb, try YouTube. No luck there either, you will have to call Apple Support. Or try putting this into recovery mode.