New iPad Pro won’t connect to Wi-Fi

baduncan111

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
I just received my new iPad Pro 12.9. I did the set up and it connected and downloaded the 14.6 iOS but this morning it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi network. I have rebooted it I have rebooted my router I reset network settings I think I’ve done some other things but I can’t remember what they are right now. Anybody have any help here?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In your router’s settings, I you have a certain number of allowed devices to connect set or have it set to allow only certain MAC addresses or IP addresses? Are any of your other connected devices able to connect to the internet via your Wi-Fi network?

baduncan111

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
In your router’s settings, I you have a certain number of allowed devices to connect set or have it set to allow only certain MAC addresses or IP addresses? Are any of your other connected devices able to connect to the internet via your Wi-Fi network?

Well I finally called Apple support because I was completely lost on this. He actually was lost at first also but it turns out to be my VPN. I use Nord, as does the tech. Even though I wasn’t connected to Wi-Fi and Nord was not turned on it was still blocking my connection. I finally had to Uninstall the nord app and then I connected to WiFi. I then reinstalled the Nord app and connected to a Nord VPN site. Every word thing works fine now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally called Apple support because I was completely lost on this. He actually was lost at first also but it turns out to be my VPN. I use Nord, as does the tech. Even though I wasn’t connected to Wi-Fi and Nord was not turned on it was still blocking my connection. I finally had to Uninstall the nord app and then I connected to WiFi. I then reinstalled the Nord app and connected to a Nord VPN site. Every word thing works fine now.

Thanks for the update and we’re glad you got the issue resolved. Have an awesome weekend. ;)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Just for completeness, did you get an error message when joining the network, or was it during browsing?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just received my new iPad Pro 12.9. I did the set up and it connected and downloaded the 14.6 iOS but this morning it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi network. I have rebooted it I have rebooted my router I reset network settings I think I’ve done some other things but I can’t remember what they are right now. Anybody have any help here?

BTW, welcome to iMore!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2