Worth the jump?!?

gadget22

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPad Air 2, and I really would like to buy the new 11’ pro, but is the price really worth it if I mainly just surf the net, stream, email on a daily basis? Any thoughts, or info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPad Air 2, and I really would like to buy the new 11’ pro, but is the price really worth it if I mainly just surf the net, stream, email on a daily basis? Any thoughts, or info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

I love it. It was worth it for me.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Given your use case, I would say it ain't worth it. You could be super good with the 10.5" iPad Pro for that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re only going to “surf the net, stream, email on a daily basis” then no, I don’t think it’s worth the upgrade. With that in mind, if you would simply like a more powerful iPad to do those things on then it could be worth it.

jmerrey

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My kids have iPad Air 2s. I had a Pro 10.5, and I upgraded to an 11. 10.5 went to one of my kids to replace his Air 2. He loves the upgrade, mainly for the Pencil. For me, going from 10.5 to 11 was cool the first few days, and not really noticeable after that.

I'd agree with what's said above, if all you are doing is streaming, etc, 10.5 might save you some money, and is a great device.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 10.5 over the others for cost reasons, and a little bit portability wise.
Plus I don’t think the 11 is going to make much difference over the 10.5.
It will be ideal to keep with me in my backpack when we get called into work.
Sometimes we’re sitting ducks, I can download a tv show, or movie. And have a bigger screen to watch, without compromising the battery life on my iPhone, which is crucial.

itguyjax8430

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I can say that other than the screen size I can't really tell much of a difference between the two. Jumping from the 10.5 to the 11 myself it wasn't a huge jump. I only wen to the 11 because someone wanted to buy my 10.5 and I got a good deal on a mint used 11 inch. Had that not happened I would have probably stuck with the 10.5. There are some issues with the 11 currently that seem to be software based pertaining to the USB-C port and certain accessories messing up the network part of the device. With anything knew they need to work out some bugs. So worth the jump from a iPad 10.5 to a 11, I would say depending on the deal. If you can get a 10.5 for a good price then go with the 10.5, if you can get an 11 for a good price close enough to the 10.5 then go with the 11.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

I would wait a year, if your present machine is working fine. There will be further enhancements to the iPad next fall (probably), and IOS 13 is expected to have some enhancements for the Ipads that might be significantly better on the new iPad than on the Air 2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll