Is anyone else getting a late shipping message on their order page?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok. That clears things up. I misunderstood what was being said. My bad

Yes, sorry... the iPad comes with the iPad, charger, cable & adapter only. The Pencil, Any Case, and Apple Care are all separate purchases. They break it down so it seems reasonable until it all adds up.

Apple Pencil (2nd Gen) $129
Apple Care $129
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 $1499.00
Apple Folio Smart Keyboard = $199
Tax (for Seattle) $171.83
Total $2146.83

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Quick update:

• I love it
  • Restore from iCloud (50GB) took less than 5 minutes
  • Email, Evernote, Security Cameras, Safari & Chrome, Notability all work really well

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine was ‘scheduled’ for a 3pm delivery today... at 3:35 no sign of it yet.

Have to head to class so I posted up that pre-sign delivery form. Hope to return to my iPad waiting for me in a couple of hours!

Edit: It actually came the minute I was walking out the door to class. - you can bet I set it up while in Trusts & Estates haha

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I could not restore from iCloud, it could either be the hotel Wifi is slow or Apple servers are taxed. I backed up my 10.5 Pro to my laptop and restored from that.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I come from the days of phone couplers and 300 baud modems.... Hotel's haven't improved much since those days. The speed is still the same. :nerd:

I could not restore from iCloud, it could either be the hotel Wifi is slow or Apple servers are taxed. I backed up my 10.5 Pro to my laptop and restored from that.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I come from the days of phone couplers and 300 baud modems.... Hotel's haven't improved much since those days. The speed is still the same. :nerd:

I get it, been in the computer biz since the 80s. Was the Systems Manager for Kinko's Corp, Ventura CA (main HQ), I specialized in the HP-3000 MPE/iX Operating System, that was mostly programmed in Cobol. Each computer was a large as a big fridge.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I get it, been in the computer biz since the 80s. Was the Systems Manager for Kinko's Corp, Ventura CA (main HQ), I specialized in the HP-3000 MPE/iX Operating System, that was mostly programmed in Cobol. Each computer was a large as a big fridge.

Wow, COBOL... now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time... just like FORTRAN, or DEC VAX systems...
;-)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow, COBOL... now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time... just like FORTRAN, or DEC VAX systems...
;-)

I was working in the UK when Diana died, I was there on a joint project with Compaq and DEC to manage the HP9000s and the HP3000s for Glaxo. I specialized on performance and tuning especially Turbo Image databases.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I miss my VAX system!!

Years ago for Kinko's Corp, I lived about 1-mile away from the main HQ, so they ran a line and hooked me up via ISND a dummy terminal at my home, so if any system crashed I could remote log into the system.. all command lines like login /user.manager.sys etc...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, sorry... the iPad comes with the iPad, charger, cable & adapter only. The Pencil, Any Case, and Apple Care are all separate purchases. They break it down so it seems reasonable until it all adds up.

Apple Pencil (2nd Gen) $129
Apple Care $129
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 $1499.00
Apple Folio Smart Keyboard = $199
Tax (for Seattle) $171.83
Total $2146.83

The exact reason I financed mine through Tmobile and set up for $5.99 monthly for apple care with apple. Bought the apple folio case 79.99 and Apple Pencil $129 from Best Buy. $229 down payment to Tmobile plus tax so that was like $300.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would have got the pencil / case / etc.. through Best Buy, but they're OOS within 250 miles of here... after I scheduled the pre-order pick up. So Best Buy is not an option for me anywhere Seattle North.

However Apple is going to refund my tax paid, and that will knock $198 off the purchase price.

I don't like the monthly fees, would rather just pay.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would have got the pencil / case / etc.. through Best Buy, but they're OOS within 250 miles of here... after I scheduled the pre-order pick up. So Best Buy is not an option for me anywhere Seattle North.

However Apple is going to refund my tax paid, and that will knock $198 off the purchase price.

If I got it I prefer to pay outright. Verizon just added PayPal so I just used their credit to get it. That works for me

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Craig, I’ve done it both ways over the years and just prefer paying it off vs the recurring monthly fee. To each their own...

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
For me paying monthly is better. With att your monthly tablet bill is $10 for cellular plus the device payment. Unless you pay AppleCare in full, you are paying about $6 a month on the new iPads.

I’m still debating whether to keep my 10.5” iPad or go and get the new 12.9” one. Money wise it’s $20 more a month going from 512 to 1TB on the storage. Have to see what I can do with 6 gb of RAM vs 4. I can practically fill the 256 up with no problem. That’s why I have to get the 512. Let you know what I’m going to do.

Money wise I should just keep the 10.5” and forget about the new ones. Is 2.4” worth all the extra money? For me that seems to be the question.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For me paying monthly is better. With att your monthly tablet bill is $10 for cellular plus the device payment. Unless you pay AppleCare in full, you are paying about $6 a month on the new iPads.

I’m still debating whether to keep my 10.5” iPad or go and get the new 12.9” one. Money wise it’s $20 more a month going from 512 to 1TB on the storage. Have to see what I can do with 6 gb of RAM vs 4. I can practically fill the 256 up with no problem. That’s why I have to get the 512. Let you know what I’m going to do.

Money wise I should just keep the 10.5” and forget about the new ones. Is 2.4” worth all the extra money? For me that seems to be the question.

24" ?? What's 24"?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2