Coming from an Android tablet

I

iMore Question

I'm coming from an Android Samsung Note tablet thinking about getting the iPad 12.9 I have heard a lot of good things about the tablet has anyone on here switch from an Android tablet to the Opera

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
coming from an Android tablet

I'm coming from an Android Samsung Note tablet thinking about getting the iPad 12.9 I have heard a lot of good things about the tablet has anyone on here switch from an Android tablet to the I pad pro 12.9

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

I have used both Android tablets and iPad. I have NOT used the 12.9, BUT I do have and love my 9.7 iPad Pro. The iPad is so easy to use and fully functional. And whatever it does not do native there IS an app. Multitasking works great on the Pro. Fingerprint sensor is handy and works well. And the screen is absolutely brilliant, looks and works great!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Consolidated threads, BUT I left a link in Ask a Question so folks can find their way over here. :)

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an Android Samsung Note tablet thinking about getting the iPad 12.9 I have heard a lot of good things about the tablet has anyone on here switch from an Android tablet to the Opera
The iPad will have far more tablet optimized apps than on Android tablets, I can provide a long reason as to why but as the end user that is all you really need to be concerned about.

Most apps will be on both platforms although there are still some iOS and Android exclusive apps so you should check the iTunes app store through the Apple website or directly on iTunes on your computer to see if all of your apps are also available on iOS.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: coming from an Android tablet

I'm coming from an Android Samsung Note tablet thinking about getting the iPad 12.9 I have heard a lot of good things about the tablet has anyone on here switch from an Android tablet to the I pad pro 12.9

Updates. That is a huge difference right there.

My wife's Galaxy Tab S 10.5 seems abandoned. She used to be a huge Uncle Sammy fan, but no more. The tablet and type cover were not cheap and the lack of updates is a crying shame.

Like all Apple products this will see way more support after sale than your average Galaxy tablet.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Compared to my experience with Android tablets vs iPad. It comes down to the way each ecosystem responds and communicates with each other. With android some apps may require an additional app to operate correctly such as those that implement G+ or google games requirements and since Google has unbundled those you'd have to download those or the apps get operationally weird acting sometimes. As with Apple, everything is integrated such as Gamecenter can be used but I don't continuously receive a prompt to sign in, in the middle of a game for example. So whether you want to be productive, both have an enormous collection of apps in their stores. It's a matter in that sense what apps you use and accessories.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Can't thank you all for all your advice. I have the Samsung note pro 12.2 I use it to do a little bit of office work and to search the net it is real buggy and slow sometimes my pen doesn't even work. And I can't tell you the last time I even got an update. I really love my note 5 day looking forward to probably find the Note 7 I'm going to play with the new iPhone when it comes out. I look forward to hearing more advice hope you have a wonderful day.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I went from a Surface to an iPad mini and couldn't be happier. It's just much smoother and is fully integrated with my phone for notifications, etc.

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

michelfo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Updates. That is a huge difference right there.

Very true. My now very old iPad 2 (bought in 2011) is only now being dropped from the newest iOS releases... actually "now" means "in a month" when iOS 10 ships. The device got the iOS 9.2.4 bug fix update this month, and can handle most apps fine.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

I can't thank you enough for all your help I still don't know what to do I'm going back to Verizon to look at the 12.9 pro again they have a special there for the 4G Wi-Fi version I would still like to hear more if you can please help me with my decision. Again I can't thank you enough for all your help

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

4G is a great thing if you are going to use it. A quality tablet with Carrier data and productivity is a super portable solution and that option may make the difference in how much use your iPad Pro gets if you travel. The 12.9" screen is very substantial real estate on which to work.. With the onscreen keyboard and a Pencil you have a lightweight rig compared to a notebook or laptop. Add the Smart Keyboard and you are still ahead of the game in terms of a portable/packable rig and 4G lets you have connectivity on the road. Literally on the road. Need to bang out a quick email or check on travel arrangements from the car? Done. Don't trust unsecured hotel WiFi? Who does. Won't need it.

I'm going back to Verizon to look at the 12.9 pro again they have a special there for the 4G Wi-Fi version

Do you travel a lot? Lug that laptop or notebook around? If the answers are yes and yes, the 4G would be the way to go.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have found the iPad Pro to be a much better device for me compared to previous android tablets that I have used. In particular I have found app support to be better on the iPad. Apps just work, I have always appreciated that about the iOS ecosystem.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I was a diehard Samsung Note fan. I have the Original 10.1" (still works fine), Note 8.0, and the Note 5. I felt abandoned when I saw no new Note tablets on the horizon, so tried other options. I tried the surface pro 3 & 4, hated both. Came to the Ipad Pro, and first returned it because no floating browsers like on Android. I use them for reference images when drawing in the game Draw Something. A couple months later, I decided to try again, because I did like the Apple Pencil and loved Procreate. I went and bought another 12.9" and have been using it all the time now. Rarely touch my Android Note tablets, except occasionally the Note 8.0 when I take some notes. Other than that, I'm loving the Ipad Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2