ipad pro for watching tv online?

dandrim

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
My mabook air from 2013 recently died and i am debating re-purchasing another, or giving the ipad pro a shot. I will be using it mostly for web browsing, viewing pdf files, and a bit of word processing (have one more course to complete for my masters degree). No coding, video editing etc. The main concern I have is that i've heard alot about not being able to view flash videos/ files on an ipad because of the mobile operating system. I watch a lot of television online using websites like putlocker, projectfreetv etc currently. I believe alot of these sites are flash driven (but i could be wrong?), will I still be able to use these types of sites to watch videos on the ipad pro, or do i need to go back to a macbook?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use both an iPad Pro and a MacBook Air, and although I’m currently using my iPad Pro, if I had to give one of them up, it would be my iPad Pro. Not because it doesn’t suit my needs because it does, but I still prefer computing from a MacBook more than. I do from an iPad.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would always recommend getting a MacBook and using it as a daily computer. If in the future you’d like a tablet, then the iPad will fill in the spot. I feel that I can do more with a computer than a tablet.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both as well. I use my iPad Pro a lot more than the MBP, but since it's not a total laptop replacement, I still hold on to my MBP. Streaming on the IPP is great and super easy. Your use cases may be a good fit for a move to the IPP.

annek

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have been watching Direct TV Now on my iPad Pro a lot lately. I don't always want to watch what DH does. I do everything with my iPad Pro. Still have my MBP downstairs for when I want to be on the computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2