I don't know how, but when I went to play some music stored on my iPad just now, I noticed that nearly EVERY single song I downloaded was gone!

In fact, the only one left was the damn U2 album that I really didn't care about. My other downloaded music was all gone. Nada. Zero. POOF!

Strangely, not even my purchased albums showed up. In fact, I had to go to the iTunes Store and redownload them, which takes a while because for some reason, Wi-Fi performance on my unit seems to have hit a wall.

I'm eager to know why nearly all of my downloaded music has disappeared. I really hope this isn't another one of Apple Music's shenenigans...

(If it helps, I am not subscribed to Apple Music and iTunes Match is disabled)
    06-07-2016 03:19 AM
    I've never subscribed to iTunes Match and I'm still unsure of what happens when you cancel. Some people state that if you do not maintain a backup of the music you uploaded and matched then you risk losing it all, even on the device, after you cancel. Again, I've never subscribed so I don't have any experience with it, but hopefully someone who does will reply soon.
    06-07-2016 08:38 PM
    I've never subscribed to iTunes Match and I'm still unsure of what happens when you cancel. Some people state that if you do not maintain a backup of the music you uploaded and matched then you risk losing it all, even on the device, after you cancel. Again, I've never subscribed so I don't have any experience with it, but hopefully someone who does will reply soon.
    Me neither. That's why I'm puzzled at what happened.
    06-07-2016 11:04 PM