Why does my iPad Pro power on by itself?

I

iMore Question

My iPad Pro powers on by itself!

If I leave my iPad Pro in my briefcase overnight the next morning it's dead! It turns itself on and opens up whatever app was open last. If it was a game it just sits there running the game all night until the battery is gone! I have the smart type cover. Also does it with the regular Smart Cover. Help!

VDub2174

Trusted Member
Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: My iPad Pro powers on by itself!

It definitely shouldn't be doing that.

Is it leaning on the power button in the briefcase? Try it with a regular Smart Cover to see if the same thing happens.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

What if you add a password on the screen? The Smart Cover may be able to turn on the iPad, but it won't be able to by pass the lock screen to your home screen.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

That's odd; clearly, we need to rule out any mechanical triggers. Leave your iPad without the cover on your table, say over the weekend, and check if the issue is still there. Also, confirm the software version that you are using - if it's 9.1 make sure to update to 9.2. If the software version is up-to-date, I would perform the full-fledged software restore via iTunes. If the is still there after such measure and after setting it up as a new iPad, then to Apple it goes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

JDRiggs

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Update. Still doing it. Smart keyboard cover on, Smart Cover on, no cover at all. Only thing I can do is turn it completely off at night. Guess I'm headed to the Apple Store.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Update. Still doing it. Smart keyboard cover on, Smart Cover on, no cover at all. Only thing I can do is turn it completely off at night. Guess I'm headed to the Apple Store.

Yeah, that's likely the best thing. They'll discover what's going and just replace it if they can't quickly figure it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2