Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to pick up a 128gb Space Grey model yesterday, on launch day. I called all over my area and nobody had received their shipment except Staples who had two of these models. They sat one aside on hold with my name on it and I went into pick it up.

First thing I have noticed is how much it is. Wow, just wow! You can immediately see the benefits of all the added ram. The screen is gorgeous and typing on it using the software keyboard in landscape mode is so easy and smooth. I am typing this on it now.

Nobody had the keyboard or pencil in stock which was a little disappointing however my plan is to order an Apple Silicon case with glass screen protector (once available) and use my Bluetooth Apple keyboard when need be. I do however want to buy the Apple Pencil.

In short, I am incredibly impressed out of the gate. I also just tested the speakers and they sound great!

Looking forward to using it more and more and I am sure Apple will release updates to take best advantage of its capabilities and screen real estate over time.

For those who have it, how are you liking it?

Have a great weekend!
    11-14-2015 11:38 AM
    Great, and I'm glad you're enjoying your new iPad Pro. When you get your Pencil, be sure to update us on what you think of it.......In the meantime, have a great weekend.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-14-2015 12:15 PM
    Congrats, mate. I'm glad you're having a blast with your new Pro. Posts like that make me impatient.

Cheers.
    BobR1908 and oldpadman like this.
    11-14-2015 12:51 PM
    Speakers sound fantastic for sure.
    It's hard to hold at times, without a case.
    Screen looks great.
    Can't wait to draw on it with the pencil.
    BobR1908, TheRadBear and oldpadman like this.
    11-15-2015 08:27 AM
    Screen looks great.
    Agreed. A different handling experience, particularly in portrait. I actually prefer landscape as it seems more natural and isn't as top-heavy.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:03 AM
    Agreed. A different handling experience, particularly in portrait. I actually prefer landscape as it seems more natural and isn't as top-heavy.
    See that's interesting you said that... I was thinking about that - I use my Air 2 in portrait most of the time (in a case), so I'm guessing that the Pro will be even more useful & functional in portrait (I hope)
    oldpadman likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:45 AM
    Screen looks great.
    I agree. I am ordering the Apple silicon case today - even though it does feel so nice without one lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-15-2015 10:42 AM
    I ordered the white Apple silicon case and leather smart cover and expected delivery date is November, 23.
    11-15-2015 05:02 PM
    Congratulations on your iPad Pro! I got mine at the Apple Store on Wednesday, I just happened to wake up at 3:30 am CST and checked the Apple Store, and it showed on available for pickup at my local Apple Store, so I bought it.

After having an iPad and and iPad 3, this one seems really big. I'm struggling with how to use it right now, but that should get better with time. I'm hoping to use it for photography, but I'm not sure right now. It is a beautiful piece of hardware!
    BobR1908 and oldpadman like this.
    11-15-2015 09:05 PM
    Does the " Hey Siri" function work when not plugged in?
    11-16-2015 09:58 AM
    Does the " Hey Siri" function work when not plugged in?
    No, it needs to be plugged in.
    11-16-2015 10:49 AM
    That's too bad since it has the M9 in it like the iPhone 6s so it should be able to do that.
    11-17-2015 06:09 PM
    Have you read books on it? I'm wondering if it'll be too big to read books bc it'll get heavy.
    11-17-2015 07:48 PM
    Have you read books on it? I'm wondering if it'll be too big to read books bc it'll get heavy.
    I think it would depend on where you are reading at .. It at a table or couch it prob will be ok but it bed I think it is too big
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:16 AM
    Mine came today and wow ! It is big !! Lol hopefully Apple tweaks software for the pro specifically but speakers are awesome and so is this
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-18-2015 01:00 AM
    Really loving it so far. It is currently charging, first time I have needed to charge it since getting it outside of the initial out of the box charge I gave it.

Typing on it in landscape is just like typing on a normal keyboard. I position my fingers on the screen keyboard just like I would a normal one and type so fast!

Today Apple did a great thing in lieu of an error they made. I ordered the white silicon case and leather smart cover. Both were under one order however when UPS delivered the package to me today there was only the white silicon cover in the box. I called Apple and they said for some reason my smart cover was shipped to the wrong address and then returned to them due to non delivery. The rep informed me she was refunding me the amount of the smart cover AND expediting one to me free of charge. Wow! We wanted the cover as protection for a trip we are going on and I was really pleased and impressed with them acknowledging the inconvenience and offering on their own to do that.

Loving the Pro so far!

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    11-18-2015 07:48 PM
    Yes, you will notice I typed this on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet because my Pro is charging. I am a lover of tech, what can I say!

TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-18-2015 07:50 PM
    YOU CAN USE THE "HEY SIRI" feature..... It does NOT have to be plugged in for it to work. Go to settings-general-Siri and toggle hey Siri switch to on
    oldpadman likes this.
    11-19-2015 06:13 AM
    Yes, you will notice I typed this on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet because my Pro is charging. I am a lover of tech, what can I say!

And that's why we're all here in the forums.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-19-2015 06:27 AM
    Really loving it so far. It is currently charging, first time I have needed to charge it since getting it outside of the initial out of the box charge I gave it.

Typing on it in landscape is just like typing on a normal keyboard. I position my fingers on the screen keyboard just like I would a normal one and type so fast!

Today Apple did a great thing in lieu of an error they made. I ordered the white silicon case and leather smart cover. Both were under one order however when UPS delivered the package to me today there was only the white silicon cover in the box. I called Apple and they said for some reason my smart cover was shipped to the wrong address and then returned to them due to non delivery. The rep informed me she was refunding me the amount of the smart cover AND expediting one to me free of charge. Wow! We wanted the cover as protection for a trip we are going on and I was really pleased and impressed with them acknowledging the inconvenience and offering on their own to do that.

Loving the Pro so far!

Awesome to hear that you love your new device, as well as how nicely Apple treated you. Had a similar experience a few years back when my portable hard drive did not make it on time.

Cheers!
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-19-2015 12:02 PM
    Sharing photos of the white silicon case which actually feels like leather.

It fits great, looks great and as you can see does protect the camera glass well.
    Attached Thumbnails iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!-1447955172500.jpg   iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!-1447955184132.jpg   iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!-1447955193845.jpg  
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-19-2015 12:47 PM
    Sharing photos of the white silicon case which actually feels like leather.

It fits great, looks great and as you can see does protect the camera glass well.
    Totally agree with your opinion with regards to the feel of the silicone case. I have the exact same one one; myself & my SO both thought that it was made of leather. A great investment as it protects the device quite well.

Cheers!
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-20-2015 12:00 AM
    My complimentary smart cover arrived today. Looks great in white and connected to the Apple keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!-1448049426923.jpg   iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!-1448049437081.jpg  
    11-20-2015 02:57 PM
    That's awesome! Curious to see more of these out there and how everyone is liking it.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:25 PM
    That's awesome! Curious to see more of these out there and how everyone is liking it.
    I have the grey version of both. Love the feel of the material as well and appreciate how the case / cover combo covers and protects everything completely.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    11-21-2015 06:35 AM
28 12