Waiting to welcome IPP 10.5

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I am an iPad mini2 user since past 8-9 months and very happy with it. I was planning to buy a laptop and was not even considering Apple due to its lack of ports, less compatibility outside Apple ecosystem and cost. However the positive impression of iPad mini and the new launch of two iPad Pro variants made me keep Apple as a viable and a preferred option. I started research and decided to go for tablet instead of a full fledged laptop because, I have a capable desktop at home so lighter, carry-everywhere type device and yet powerful enough was my prime preference. New iPad Pro 10.5 started ticking almost all the boxes and at the same time iOS 11 looked ever promising closing in to the desktop OS. The factors which influenced my decision are (I) Battery life, iPads have amazing battery life. The charge-discharge cycles are pretty consistent as per my observation with iPad mini 2, (II) awesome display, color accuracy, brightness and touch responsiveness. Photography is my hobby and possibility of handling RAW image files from DSLR and editing them with Affinity Photo or Lightroom, pushed me towards iPad, otherwise I was still keeping windows tablet option open, (III) the last but not the least is the combination A10X + M10 + iOS 11. I know my IPP is coming with 10.3.3 but the possibility of upgrade soon to iOS 11 is on the cards and that makes system very very formidable. I am looking forward to new beast, the iPad Pro 10.5

Regards,

Atindra

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Love my 10.5"! So much so I took a dive and got iOS 11 Beta so it could function (mostly, it's beta, y'all) in all its glory! I'm so ready for iOS 11 actual. I think my IPP has finally done away with my actual laptop. Should probably invest in a keyboard here soon!

Enjoy! Let us know what you think!

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Love my 10.5"! So much so I took a dive and got iOS 11 Beta so it could function (mostly, it's beta, y'all) in all its glory! I'm so ready for iOS 11 actual. I think my IPP has finally done away with my actual laptop. Should probably invest in a keyboard here soon!

Enjoy! Let us know what you think!

Oh great!! I too am thinking to slowly ditch the laptop. Only a powerful desktop with large monitor at home/office and IPP. I guess while traveling the Ipad is far more convenient than a laptop, because for laptop, one has to carry the power cable with heavy adapter.

Thanks for chipping in,

Atindra

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Oh great!! I too am thinking to slowly ditch the laptop. Only a powerful desktop with large monitor at home/office and IPP. I guess while traveling the Ipad is far more convenient than a laptop, because for laptop, one has to carry the power cable with heavy adapter.

Thanks for chipping in,

Atindra

You are more than welcome! iOS 11 + IPP is so worth it. Don't regret it one bit.

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Yup...I will have to justify my purchase to myself and therefore, I have done full preparation, like having enough space for backup, getting connectors and adapters, etc.

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
So finally the wait is over :rolleyes:

My new iPad Pro 10.5 is here after a month long wait as my friend took sweet time in USA to bring it here. And oh boy!!....It is awesome. Actually he little bit messed up after receiving the box and then tried switching on and passcode was wrongfully entered leading to the disabling of iPad, which I had to restore via iTunes with hefty 2.53 Gig update of iOS 11.0.2 with restore & update option. Finally fully updated and operational beauty is in my hand. And as I hoped the screen is absolutely fantastic and so is camera. Screen real estate is pretty large compared to my mini 2 which would be great for my photography needs. Now I will spend a day or two in setting it up with all my necessary apps, for which the list is ready.

Best,

Atindra

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
So finally the wait is over :rolleyes:

My new iPad Pro 10.5 is here after a month long wait as my friend took sweet time in USA to bring it here. And oh boy!!....It is awesome. Actually he little bit messed up after receiving the box and then tried switching on and passcode was wrongfully entered leading to the disabling of iPad, which I had to restore via iTunes with hefty 2.53 Gig update of iOS 11.0.2 with restore & update option. Finally fully updated and operational beauty is in my hand. And as I hoped the screen is absolutely fantastic and so is camera. Screen real estate is pretty large compared to my mini 2 which would be great for my photography needs. Now I will spend a day or two in setting it up with all my necessary apps, for which the list is ready.

Best,

Atindra

Hi, what configuration did u go for? I use a pro 9.7 256gb but still don't have enough storage to fully replace my Macbook Pro.

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi, what configuration did u go for? I use a pro 9.7 256gb but still don't have enough storage to fully replace my Macbook Pro.

I too have gone for 256 GB variant, however storage space is not the concern at the moment. May be after prolonged use I may generate lots of data, photos, songs, videos etc leading to shrunk space. For that scenario I am planning some smart management of various cloud services where good storage space is offered.

Atindra

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I too have gone for 256 GB variant, however storage space is not the concern at the moment. May be after prolonged use I may generate lots of data, photos, songs, videos etc leading to shrunk space. For that scenario I am planning some smart management of various cloud services where good storage space is offered.

Atindra

You should check out iCloud.
It works really well for everything (backups, music, photos, etc...).

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
You should check out iCloud.
It works really well for everything (backups, music, photos, etc...).
Definitely iCloud works really well but once their 5 GB limit is crossed, they will charge me and the charges are high compared to google drive and other cloud services. There are some Indian cloud providers like jio cloud, t-cloud from smartron etc. So I am trying to avoid buying of storage space and manage some how.

Atindra

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Definitely iCloud works really well but once their 5 GB limit is crossed, they will charge me and the charges are high compared to google drive and other cloud services. There are some Indian cloud providers like jio cloud, t-cloud from smartron etc. So I am trying to avoid buying of storage space and manage some how.

Atindra

Ohh okay, that makes sense.
I’m fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, that’s why I use iCloud

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

Atindra

I was in the same situation not long ago. I ended up going with iCloud (extra storage plan) anyway, for one reason.... simplicity.

It doesn’t get any easier than having everything set to auto backup on all of my Apple devices. Even data/information within apps, it’s either automatically synced with iCloud, or just a toggle away. Once iMessage backup is released, it’ll be even better. One thing I have noticed with 3rd party cloud services, is they stop backing up once the app goes into hibernation. You need to open the app every day or so to ensure it remains up-to-date.

My biggest (and only) gripe with iCloud is the photo backup. I really wish there was an option to delete photos from your devices while leaving them in the cloud. The only way to currently remove a photo, is to delete it from EVERYWHERE (all devices and the cloud). I’m assuming they do this to keep people needing more device storage, which is kind of BS if you ask me.

Edit: There are actually two reasons I went with iCloud. The other is my backups were taking up too much space and I hate using iTunes.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I’m so glad I upgraded my iPad 4th generation to the iPad Pro 10.5. It meets every need. Small enough to carry with me everywhere and big enough to get things done. I’m looking into getting a keyboard case which will allow me to keep the keyboard on at all times.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m so glad I upgraded my iPad 4th generation to the iPad Pro 10.5. It meets every need. Small enough to carry with me everywhere and big enough to get things done. I’m looking into getting a keyboard case which will allow me to keep the keyboard on at all times.

I would recommend the Apple Smart Keyboard

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77