iPad mini 2 not starting, blinking apple

villemiami

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPad Mini 2, iOS 10.2. When I plug it to the wall outlet, I see the apple for 5 seconds, then it turns off, then the apple for 5 seconds, repeatedly forever. After a while like that, I still can't start up the iPad.
When I plug it to my PC, I see the apple for 1 second, then it turns off, then the apple for 1 second, repeatedly forever. It's more like a blinking apple.
I tried to press & hold power button & menu button but it didn't do anything. Please help.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I would try plugging into a power source. Then putting the iPad Mini 2 into DFU mode and plugging into PC. Then doing a restore of iOS and setting up as new.

villemiami

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I tried what you said. itunes first downloaded the software, extracted it, then I see the Windows error message "USB device not recognized" in my PC, and "waiting for iPad..." in itunes.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried what you said. itunes first downloaded the software, extracted it, then I see the Windows error message "USB device not recognized" in my PC, and "waiting for iPad..." in itunes.

That very well may be a USB driver issue with your computer. You may want to delete your USB drivers for your iPad under your hardware on your computer and try setting up your iPad again.

villemiami

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG
As you can see in the first picture, there was the Apple mobile usb device driver. I uninstalled and deleted it, restarted the PC, then I went to DFU mode, and I had the same problem (second picture).

villemiami

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I went to the Apple store. The tech told me that the connector is broken. He offered me to buy a new one for $200 instead of $300, and give him my old one. I ordered one somewhere else. When I will receive it, my 4 year old daughter won't charge it anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77