How important is device storage?

bysselstein

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm switching from Blackberry to Apple (no comments required) and am having trouble with the concept of not being able to increase device storage via a micro SD etc. Considering all the cloud storage available (which I'm already using), how important is device storage when considering iPad mini models (ie. 16/32/64 GB)? Just looking for opinions, thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're not going to always have wifi or cellular data available... you have to decide for yourself how much room you want to have for storing audio/video files for off-line use.

Personally, I get by fine with 32GB devices - iPad & iPhone - store all my music on device (about 5GB worth...) - and selectively sync video (movies & TV shows) - it works for me...

Just know that down the road, for resale value - the 32GB and up models hold value more than the lesser models.

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Its very important, it sucks when you want certain apps music movies etc. On your device and your just short a few Mb/gb's.

Even if you get the 64gb mini there is also the option of getting the Seagate wireless plus. A 1tb wireless hard drive. Its 200.00 but I can say it is a awesome piece of hardware, I've had very little problems with mine, and its exceptionally easy to use on ios devices. The Seagate app is pretty nice

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I load all my music and everything on my iPhone so a 64GB was a must. I don't load any of that on my iPad Mini so I get by fine with 16GB. I was more interested in cellular data for my Mini so I spent the extra money there. Just depends on what your needs are. It's different for everybody.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Because of the increase in App size these days unless you are not planning on having that many I would at least go with a 32GB size if you can afford to. If you go with a 16GB size you won't be able to add more memory should you find that you need it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32g on the i5 and iPad, and seems to be the just the right size for me, my 4s was a16g , great phone but just found it to a little to small for storage .

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from Blackberry to Apple (no comments required) and am having trouble with the concept of not being able to increase device storage via a micro SD etc. Considering all the cloud storage available (which I'm already using), how important is device storage when considering iPad mini models (ie. 16/32/64 GB)? Just looking for opinions, thanks.

It’s probably less important now than previously. More stuff than ever is available in the cloud... but depending on how much stuff you have, you still need enough to store what you consider "critical". Typically, I buy the 32GB version of iPhones and iPads... but sometimes, it’s based on what’s available - when I bought the iPad 3rd Gen, all they had was a 64GB model, so I popped the extra $100 to get it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2