Upgrading to iOS 8.1.2

Peach1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I received an iPad mini 2 (32GB) for Christmas and I love it; my previous iPad was a 1G (16GB) so it is a pretty big upgrade for me. After reading a lot of posts and articles on the web I am still undecided on whether I should upgrade from the iOS 7.0.4 it came with to iOS 8.1.2. It's running very smoothly and the battery life is excellent, so I want to know first if the update won't ruin the device. I also have a 32GB 5G iPod touch but it also hasn't been
upgraded to iOS 8.

Should I download the update?? Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, @Peach1
I'm using the latest version of iOS 8.1.2, even i heard some rumors about 8.1.2. But it's working fine with me.....!!!! had no problem till now with it. Now coming to iOS 7.0.4 it's the older version of iOS and keep on updating it's OS for removing maximum number of bugs. If you are using an iPhone then it's the time to upgrade because, the contact picture while placing a call or receiving a call will appear in full screen size. Where in 7.0.4 it's not like that, you can just see a bubbled picture at top corner. There are many flaws that has been redeemed in iOS 8.1.2.
My suggestion is, Go with the newest update of iOS...............:yes:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8 has a lot of new features that are great. The only issue I have is from using 3rd party keyboards. My messages app freezes up at times. Swiping it out of the app switcher fixes it. But I still like using SwiftKey as my main keyboard. Overall, iOS 8.1.2 is fine.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
OP - I would upgrade to iOS 8.1.2. I don't own an iPad, but like you, I have a 32GB 5th generation iPod touch. I put off updating it from iOS 6 to 7 for awhile and then went ahead with it. I updated to iOS 8.1.2 probably a day or two after the update was released. No complaints, although it seems the battery does drain faster since iOS 7.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought and iPad mini 2 about a week before Christmas and had the same thing cross my mind. While I won't say it's perfect, 8.1.2 is relatively stable and bug free from the 2 weeks I've used it. There are odd hitches every once in a while where Safari won't recognize my touches for a few moments but I havnet had too many issues.

I'd say the benefits of iOS 8 (handoff, continuity, today widgets) are worth the few relatively minor quibbles I've had with performance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77