Calendar App : Sunrise VS Fantastical VS Calendar 5 VS Awesome Calendar

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I own Fantastical but prefer the native calendar app because of the Siri integration
I have Calendars 5 on my screen and the native calendar app in a folder on the dock. I've found I use them equally for different reasons. I like a lot of the features in Calendars 5, but the numbers are a bit small. I emailed Readdle and they said they were looking at that for a future update. We'll see. But the native app has gotten better. I like the simplicity of it.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used all of them except for Awesome Calendar, but I find the native Calendar app to be more than sufficient for my use....:)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I once downloaded all of your mentioned app and almost any other calendar app on the AppStore to find the perfect one (for me).

At the end I have 3 calendars now; the stock iOS calendar, my favorite calendar app "Week Cal" and also Fantastical.

I just have Fantastical you create events or tasks via Drafts app and the powerful URL schmeming and natural language engine.

Else "Week cal" is the best calendar app, which offer anything you could wish for. It fast, looks good, you have lot of customization options, themes, quick edit, TextExpander support, URL scheme for creating new event, a lot f different view which are customizable, rolling view of month and million other features

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've tried nearly ALL...and I always go back to Fantastical! Month view, week view and scrolling on bottom for all or current day. Natural language input is flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use the native calendar. ( use mostly the month view on my iPad & MackBook Air )
I need the same calendar for my iPhone, iPad & MacBook Air.
The one I like the least is the iPhone calendar in week view. I don't like how it puts the horizontal line for the current time. Also have to scroll to see my all day events. So I just use the agenda view on the iPhone
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2