Just picked up my iPad 2, and am wondering what the best app (or combo of apps) I can use to edit an excel file. I update a couple excel files regularly, so it would be handy if I didn't always have to email the file to myself. Based on some research I've done it seems like my best option is to use Dropbox + iWorks/Documents To Go/some other Office editor.

1) iWorks and Documents to Go seem pretty similar... I'm leaning towards D2G because the base version is only $10 and I can edit .doc, .xls, and .ppt. Thoughts?
    2) Any other suggestions besides dropbox to save my files?

Thx!
    04-02-2011 04:25 AM
    I highly recommend Numbers.
    04-05-2011 09:38 PM
    Thanks

Before purchasing anything, i decided to test out the free route by simply using google docs. I opened up the file in google docs on my computer (thus saving it), then I can log into g docs on the iPad and open/edit/save. I can only do basic editing, but that's all I need. Seems to be working good so far.
    04-05-2011 11:42 PM
    Just picked up my iPad 2, and am wondering what the best app (or combo of apps) I can use to edit an excel file. I update a couple excel files regularly, so it would be handy if I didn't always have to email the file to myself. Based on some research I've done it seems like my best option is to use Dropbox + iWorks/Documents To Go/some other Office editor.

1) iWorks and Documents to Go seem pretty similar... I'm leaning towards D2G because the base version is only $10 and I can edit .doc, .xls, and .ppt. Thoughts?
    2) Any other suggestions besides dropbox to save my files?

Thx!

Hi !

I think Beesy may be appropriate to your needs. I am a user of this app and I can tell you that it is possible to import or export files of type Excel, Word, PPT etc ... to make annotations, comments, suggestions in the margins of these files before sending them back or save in Dropbox. This tool is very useful in my work.

I hope you have helped better!
    07-26-2013 09:28 AM