White spot on Air screen

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone looking for some advice on my iPad air screen. I started noticing a white square almost like a pixel on my screen it looks like somebody shining a flashlight through the back of the screen when I put black text over the spot it disappears but is very noticeable with white I will attach a picture that doesn't do it much justice but does anybody know what this is?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a hardware issue with your screen. I had a similar issue with a MacBook Pro a few years ago. Is your iPad still under warranty? It should be covered.

It's not under warranty anymore, I'm a hour and a half away from the nearest Apple Store. I'm just wondering if I have to replace the screen is apple the best route? I thought I read it was like $300

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not under warranty anymore, I'm a hour and a half away from the nearest Apple Store. I'm just wondering if I have to replace the screen is apple the best route? I thought I read it was like $300

Apple is going to be your best bet but it comes at a premium. Repair costs range between $199 and $599 depending on what model you have.
https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/screen-damage/#mn_p
If you can't swing that and simply can't live with the white spot find a reputable repair center near you.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Apple is going to be your best bet but it comes at a premium. Repair costs range between $199 and $599 depending on what model you have.
https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/screen-damage/#mn_p
If you can't swing that and simply can't live with the white spot find a reputable repair center near you.

For those prices, you might as well just spend a little more and buy a new iPad. If the Air 3 comes out in March, you should be able to find the Air 2 at discounted prices then if you can live with the issue for another few weeks.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have since found a repair shop that offers a 12 month warranty on parts and labor. They had great reviews and I found $50 off coupon so I'm having the screen replaced for $100 today. Same warranty as apple so will see. I'll post pictures and update when I get it back tonight.