Why should I consider a LTE Air 2 when I can tether via my 6 Plus?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't agree more - iPad Air was my first cellular version and can't imagine not having constant data connectivity. Fortunately I'm in a very good T-Mobile coverage area - but I'm sure the other carriers would work just as well, but T-Mobile seems to offer the best bang for the buck.
Oh I agree the cellular is the best but I preferred to get 128gb over cellular since I would of bought the 64gb cellular model instead. I don't think paying $130 apple tax plus data plans are worth it when t-mobile offers free Hotspot of 3gb with my phone plan

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh I agree the cellular is the best but I preferred to get 128gb over cellular since I would of bought the 64gb cellular model instead. I don't think paying $130 apple tax plus data plans are worth it when t-mobile offers free Hotspot of 3gb with my phone plan

My Air is the 16GB version and I have 1TB of space on Dropbox, of which I'm using a few GBs. I'm using T-Mobile and couldn't be happier with the speed or the 5GB plan I'm on.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My Air is the 16GB version and I have 1TB of space on Dropbox, of which I'm using a few GBs. I'm using T-Mobile and couldn't be happier with the speed or the 5GB plan I'm on.
Yeah that is actually pretty good and probably the only way a 16gb device period is worthwhile while I think everybody should offer 32gb as the base for flagship models be it Samsung with its galaxy s phones (note 3 and 4 has been 32gb), and Apple with their iPhones should start at 32gb base models. I personally prefer physical space to have my content and as such opted for the 128gb Ipad. If I could simply afford to burn money I would get the cellular one but $830 is quite a bit 2 much Imo

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an LTE Air -- I just like having options.

But yes, this iPad may be the last one I get with the LTE antenna, as tethering is just so easy. May depend on what cell plans I have in the future, too, though.

One possible other thought? Data coverage when travelling overseas -- it could be useful to be able just to get a data sim. But is that worth the extra $130? Probably not.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have owned every ipad (I always sell and upgrade), so this is my 6th. I have ALWAYS went with LTE.

However, I don't carry my ipad around with me and mainly use the LTE on long car trips, vacations, etc. I have been using a verizon LTE hotspot for over a year and it works just as fast if not even faster so I don't really see a use for the LTE unless you are always carrying your ipad around and traveling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2