OMG Still no Sprint iPad but now T-Mobile has it? What happened?

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss something or am I right in seeing there was no mention of an iPad for Sprint? They've carried the iPhone much longer than t-mobile, right?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint couldn't even move iPhone's, with any legitimacy, in their first year of offering...Sprint's popularity is circling the drain.

And add to that the pure lack of LTE support in so many major markets...why would you want an iPad from Sprint if you couldn't even use one of the major functions of buying the iPad with cellular antennas?

Why a person would actually WANT a Sprint based iPad is what really shocks me.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sprint couldn't even move iPhone's, with any legitimacy, in their first year of offering...Sprint's popularity is circling the drain.

And add to that the pure lack of LTE support in so many major markets...why would you want an iPad from Sprint if you couldn't even use one of the major functions of buying the iPad with cellular antennas?

Oh, I was just curious about it. I'm not with Sprint (anymore). But thought it was odd. You explained it, though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I was just curious about it. I'm not with Sprint (anymore). But thought it was odd. You explained it, though.

TMobile should actually be one of the most attractive offerings really, because of their unlimited data packages...something that the other carriers still don't offer, even on the iPad (if memory serves me right).

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Did I miss something or am I right in seeing there was no mention of an iPad for Sprint? They've carried the iPhone much longer than t-mobile, right?

Sprint for some reason always does things different. I believe they are a failing company that will be swept up by Verizon over the next few years.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
TMobile should actually be one of the most attractive offerings really, because of their unlimited data packages...something that the other carriers still don't offer, even on the iPad (if memory serves me right).

I don't think T-Mobile does unlimited data for tablets. Unless you just unlock the APN on the iPad and put your phone sim in there.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

This is why you would want sprint. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382509080.294178.jpg
These speeds with unlimited, non throttled data. Maybe you should have stuck with sprint just a bit longer. They are doing much better these days. Sprint's new one up program is great too! Pay the total cost of the phone of your choice over a 24 month period with the option to upgrade every year to a new device all while discounting the cost of your plan by $15 which means Unlimited talk, text, and data my way unlimited plan for $65 a month instead of the normal $80(which already is an awesome deal). Can't beat that! Not to mention the ability to add a 1gig hotspot to your phone for only an additional $10 a month. In my mind the 1 gig hotspot would be a better, cheaper option if one were considering getting the new iPads. Just get the ipad wifi model and tether internet from the phone and save $130 on the ipad. Not to mention also saving an additional $4.99 a month.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The screenshot of your LTE speeds are moot. The point of his statement was that Sprint has a severe lack of support for LTE in major markets. You happen to be the exception. Just like everything else, there are exceptions.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The screenshot of your LTE speeds are moot. The point of his statement was that Sprint has a severe lack of support for LTE in major markets. You happen to be the exception. Just like everything else, there are exceptions.

I suppose you are right. I am just tired of people bashing sprint all the time and making gross generalizations about how terrible sprint is. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the age old, "I've been with Sprint for the last blah, blah, million years...but these speeds/calls suck and I'm leaving". Makes perfect sense to put up with it for ten years to leave right before it gets better. And truly it has gotten much better especially within the last couple of months(results of the softbank merge no doubt). Speeds have gotten better on the 3g side and LTE coverage is rapidly expanding. To think that sprint won't and can't do better is just ridiculous in my mind.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Simple.......................Sprint sucks... at least in my opinion........I have Sprint for my work phone and really, really, hate it...Plus I really dislike the phone (its a Galaxy Sii)...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll