Ipad Air 2 under contract,what to do?

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I brought iPad air 2 for 300 from the original owner. I took pictures of her purchase and contract paperwork but she said she reset the whole apple account and verizon contract but I looked the copy of contract that is still ongoing 2017. I was confused... She told me that she brought two iPad for her husband and kids. She decided to sell one iPad air 2 and she swore that she will show me the proof of contract termination but I don't know what to do with my iPad air 2 if I m being ripped off. Does it makes any different if I show the Verizon that she sold to me. We did signed our signature on the paper that she sold to me. Now, I am second owner but how do i delete the contract off on my Ipad air 2 even though she claimed that she reset the whole thing that i have to register it. It is only one thing that bothers me that I can see LTE on iPad air 2. Right now I am only able to use wifi. Am i make any sense? I need your opinion and help with this. It would be great.

Thanks!!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Meet the owner (previous owner) at the Verizon store and have the store employees confirm whether or not it is still under contract.

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but she has been saying that she will show me the proof but seems keep avoiding the topic on this part. I sent her message on phone and Facebook and she "seen" my messages. What does that mean? How do I make her to understanding this that this is serious and not to wasting my time. How do i make this sounds so nicely to tell her to do something about this? It has been two weeks and she is not doing anything but excuses as I m seeing... I even checked the serial number and it said activation IMEI lock is off... and states the device can be activated by a new user but problem is that she brought two iPad air 2. how do i know if it is the right one??

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's unlocked you should be able to get a new sim and use it. And by unlocked I mean iCloud unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
How do you know if it is unlocked? It showed Verizon or Lte on, it does not make any sense if it is locked or unlocked. That is why I wanted to know. Where is the sim card? I don't see it? Is it inside of Ipad air 2. I m sorry if I am newbie with this but I am trying to solve this problem so I can give this to my mother as a gift from me.

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Is the one you were talking about?? I am so clueless about this part. Look at this photo from verizon. What does that supposed to mean?IMG_3246.jpg If I call them and asked for the sim card to be deactivated which mean it would required to request by original owner. Is that correct?? Please help me so I know which one that i should talk to version or talk to this knucklehead owner. Sorry i am venting my frustration.

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
No, I have not tried the new sim card but how does it works if this is still active? It required to be unlocked by original owner which I thought everyone supposed to do that before selling the iPad or iPhone, etc...

Daisy Johnson

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello Breakingkayfabe,

Yes, that is correct. My iCloud is unlocked which you provided. Thank you. But sim card is still issue. How do i get that sim card out of my iPad? It has to be done with verizon or myself??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hello Breakingkayfabe,

Yes, that is correct. My iCloud is unlocked which you provided. Thank you. But sim card is still issue. How do i get that sim card out of my iPad? It has to be done with verizon or myself??

Oh, that's easy. I don't know exactly which side the SIM card slot is, but you'll see it with a little hole. Take a small pin or paperclip thin enough to get inside the hole so it'll release the small SIM card tray. Remove it and replace it with your own SIM card and just stick it right back in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2