Which tablet should I buy,the iPad Air 2 vs the Mini 3?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the air 2 and the mini 3. I use the mini on my daily commute and the air 2 at home. If you are going to use it mostly at home and only take it out occasionally I'd go with the air 2. It is pretty light and has a better, bigger display.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ipad air 2 vs mini 3

Go to the store (Apple Store, Best Buy, w/e) and check out each one. I started with a Nexus 7 and while it was a great tablet, I simply did not like the size. It was good for reading but I would rather use an e-ink reader for long reading sessions. The Air is not much more uncomfortable for reading and it is so much better for displaying anything large screen. I read a lot of comics and while it was passable on the N7, it is ~great~ on the Air's screen. For me, I will never buy a 7'' range tablet again. It isn't as if they are bad machines though and they have tons of fans so really only you can answer what size is most comfortable for you.

I use a large phone too, which is why I'm stuck on a Note 3 right now since the 6+ wasn't out yet when my last upgrade came through lol

I think the mini because it is 7.9 inches and has a 4:3 aspect ratio is better than a 7 inch android tablet. I've also had the nexus 7 and found it too small. I think the mini is just about big enough to be useful and differentiate itself from a phablet. I used to have the original galaxy note and then the note 3 and used them both alongside the original iPad mini. i found the difference in screen size and the aspect ratio to make it worthwhile. At some points, the mini was my only tablet and it sufficed. I never would have been able to make the nexus 7 my only tablet. If I had the money for only one I suppose I'd choose the iPad Air 2 because it's more versatile and it is pretty light. However I guess I'm fortunate (or stupid enough!) to have both.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the air 2 and the mini 3. I use the mini on my daily commute and the air 2 at home. If you are going to use it mostly at home and only take it out occasionally I'd go with the air 2. It is pretty light and has a better, bigger display.

I find my Air 2 pretty to handle on the go imo. Seen the mini and is to small for my taste

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Ipad air 2 vs mini 3

The Air 2 has more ram and a better processor. I just picked the Mini 3 up refurbished for the size factor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2