March 7th!!!!!!

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Invitations were sent. Its finally here!!

ipad-3-invite.jpg

That looks like a retina display to me :)
It doesn't have a home button also. But it might be in landscape orientation..

Anyways cheers!

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm insanely excited, especially if that screen is for real... Which I'm sure it is!

A retina screened iPad, pure gadget bliss.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The icons are a bit too close to be in landscape mode. I think it won't have a home button! Apples always hated buttons. I can't wait, already had asked off for the 7th a week ago and will be lining up on release day to be first!

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The icons are a bit too close to be in landscape mode. I think it won't have a home button! Apples always hated buttons. I can't wait, already had asked off for the 7th a week ago and will be lining up on release day to be first!

Not to give in to TOO much speculation, but, this particular iPad also has Maps, Calender AND the Keynotes app on the dock... Not the typical apps you would throw down there. Possibly they have it in landscape, and just have the dock stacked full... Hence the closer than normal icons.

Just pure speculation.

BUT, if it truly doesn't have the home button anymore, that would definitely tie in with the "And touch" line at the end, there... Possibly hinting at a touch sensitive bezel?

Again, just pure speculation...

With that said, I would rather have home button. Lol.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I cant wait super excited!! Hopefully with the rumor that the device is already shipping that would say that the release date will be soon after the 7th an likely mean no pre sale. When the 4S was releaed the pre sales the devices came direct from China so if they are already on way likely would mean only in stores on release day.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

It has a home button.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well we'll all see on the 7th won't we. I'm just giving my opinion.

It's fine you are giving your opinion. lol And perhaps, just perhaps there are more than one and one doesn't have a home button...

(Okay, I'm just messing around.)

Last edited:

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
So if it doesn't have a home button, what will replace that function???

Personally I do think it will have a home button, (maybe a place on the bezel that you touch) but on the iPad 2 the home button is completely optional at this point. You can use the sleep/wake button to wake up the iPad instead of the home button, and everything else is done with gestures. Closing an app, multi-tasking, etc. all have gestures in place already. The only thing you can't do is access DFU mode which I'm sure they can do in some other way.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I sold my iPad 2 3G/wifi last week for 550. I got an email from the buyer this afternoon wanting 75 dollars back because the new 3 will be unveiled next week. I lol'd.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

That would be awesome if they did away with the home button, on the iPhone too..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It has a home button.

That's a shame, hopefully they'll up the quality so half of them don't stop working within a month this time.

That's the one area where Apple really penny pinched. Although I'd say the iPhone has less available space and is more in need of going button less, I never thought Google would beat em to a button less phone.

And there's undeniable proof of the retina screen for the naysayers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711