New owner

Viralwhite

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost surprised to see myself here, but then again, I'm not. For over a year now I've been preaching Android, android, and some more android when it wasn't enough. To an extent, I still enjoy android products... I still have my Droid Incredible.

Though I enjoyed my android experience on my cell phone, I can not say the same for my tablet. I personally feel like Best Buy is ready to ban me from their stores, haha. I've purchased the Acer Iconia, Motorola Xoom Wifi, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and the Motorola Xoom Wifi+3G. For some reason I was expecting a different experience. Hoping that the flaws from the previous model were different from one manufacturer to the other.

I jumped from the wifi only to 3G flagship (Verizon) because of my work. I'm a professional firefighter in a rural county in Virginia and unfortunately most of the stations do not have HSI, much less wifi.

Anyways, after playing the android tablets I became frustrated with the constant force closes, no netflix support, laggy keyboard, etc. I contacted one guy at work this evening and asked for his opinion. He too was originally android and skipped over to apple products. (He did a major overhaul - Replaced android tablet, phone, Apple TV, etc). He explained to me the problems he had and the shortcomings he felt that the Android OS had. Honeycomb has great potential, but because it is so fragmented and still in its infancy, I felt like I was giving out $600+ to be a beta tester.

Now I will admit... I've never been an "Apple guy". I despised Itunes and the limited customization. Well, that was back in the good ol' days. I didn't realize how Apple products have changed so drastically. I enjoyed the simple things like being able to add artwork to my videos... I enjoyed seeing an OS that felt smooth and never bogged down. I enjoy using an OS that was simple.

So I'm here to say that I, Viralwhite, a previous Android user is now officially an Apple user. When my phone is eligible for an upgrade I may look into the Iphone 5 (If it is out). I also want to take a look at some of the accessories. The Apple TV really got my attention.

Finally, I wanted to write this not just to share with everyone my experience, but also to help that one person who was on the fence like I was and tried time and time again to reassure themselves that android was where it was at. Hopefully they too will try something fresh and get past the "pride" and enjoy some of Apple's products. :D

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I too was on the fence for a while between Android tablets and the iPad. I tried the Android tablets in the stores and there was just something missing from them. Then I tried the iPad and liked how fast and smooth everything was. Then I went back and forth between the iPad 1 refurbed or the iPad 2. I ended up getting the iPad 2 (16GB WiFi) and so far it's been great. And reading on it wasn't as bad as I originally thought it would be (Kindle app is great). I'm not a big fan of iTunes but I do like that you can upload gift cards to your account and not have your CC linked to it.

As far as phones, I will likely stick with Android (I currently have a Droid Incredible) because I like the customization and widgets. It works on a phone but not so much on a tablet. On a phone, it's just easier to swipe to a homescreen to see certain things (especially calender) without having to open the app. But after using the iPad 2 and knowing what's coming with iOS 5, I might have to give the iPhone a second look come upgrade time (not til Feb. 2012)

Viralwhite

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I too was on the fence for a while between Android tablets and the iPad. I tried the Android tablets in the stores and there was just something missing from them. Then I tried the iPad and liked how fast and smooth everything was. Then I went back and forth between the iPad 1 refurbed or the iPad 2. I ended up getting the iPad 2 (16GB WiFi) and so far it's been great. And reading on it wasn't as bad as I originally thought it would be (Kindle app is great). I'm not a big fan of iTunes but I do like that you can upload gift cards to your account and not have your CC linked to it.

As far as phones, I will likely stick with Android (I currently have a Droid Incredible) because I like the customization and widgets. It works on a phone but not so much on a tablet. On a phone, it's just easier to swipe to a homescreen to see certain things (especially calender) without having to open the app. But after using the iPad 2 and knowing what's coming with iOS 5, I might have to give the iPhone a second look come upgrade time (not til Feb. 2012)

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you were/are in the same boat as me. I found myself up last night until 0200 playing with this thing. Very surprised how much time I spent just having fun playing with the different apps... primarily because they "just worked". I didn't have this with the Android tablets. It's also nice to see a market that is well organized. I know when I'm downloading an app not meant for the Ipad 2, but even then, most can be resized. I would have never known this.

Anyways, only great things so far. Still setting up my media library with Itunes... that will take some getting familiar with, haha.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually should be getting my new iPad 2 today... I have had the Motorola Xoom since day 1 and while I like it, I honestly don't love it. I tried really hard to love the device since it has almost everything going for it but Android just isn't backing its Tablets fully with support from the App Market like Apple and development isn't fully there yet either for Android 3.0. Hopefully they will get better, but for now I honestly think that iPad 1 or 2 cannot be beat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2