14.1 and HomePod (intercom?!)

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I’ve updated both my iPhone 11 and my HomePod to iOS 14.1 and I have no intercom option anywhere. I ask Siri on my phone to send an announcement and it says that intercom only works from one HomePod to another. I ask my HomePod to send and it says “go ahead” and I say something and it says that “intercom is not turned on for my home”. I open the Home app and there’s no trace of intercom anywhere. I don’t have the option to turn it on or off.

Am I alone in this? I don’t have any betas running on anything.

IMG_2174.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ve updated both my iPhone 11 and my HomePod to iOS 14.1 and I have no intercom option anywhere. I ask Siri on my phone to send an announcement and it says that intercom only works from one HomePod to another. I ask my HomePod to send and it says “go ahead” and I say something and it says that “intercom is not turned on for my home”. I open the Home app and there’s no trace of intercom anywhere. I don’t have the option to turn it on or off.

Am I alone in this? I don’t have any betas running on anything.

View attachment 129526

Seems like that option will only be visible if there are more than one HomePods in your home.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Seems like that option will only be visible if there are more than one HomePods in your home.

Ugh I really hope not. You’re supposed to be able to send announcements from CarPlay, too. If it’s only in multi-HomePod homes ... frustrating ...

wpn00b

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s exactly like this for me as well. My Apple Watch, iPhone and HomePod are all up to date. I attempted to intercom from Watch and iPhone to HomePod and Siri replies “To do that, you’ll need to update the software for your iPhone/Watch” depending on which device I made the request from.

If you visit Apple.com/HomePod and review the feature Intercom is listed with a 2 next to it. Scroll down to the footnote (I don’t know if ‘footnote’ is the proper name for this but I think you all know what I mean) and 2 reads: “Requires two or more HomePod speakers.” ☹️