Best Mail App. Help, pls

titovenok88

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Dear friends! Everyday I work with hundred of mails from my colleagues, different types of docs. Want to find the best Mail App. Need Your professional suggestions. I like the native Mail App in iOS and MacOS, but maybe there is some app on the IT market, which is more productive. Many thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm an enterprise IT admin. We're happy with the iPhone built in client and Outlook. What's best for us might differ for others. Stability, support and overall capability are how we got to that decision.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Dear friends! Everyday I work with hundred of mails from my colleagues, different types of docs. Want to find the best Mail App. Need Your professional suggestions. I like the native Mail App in iOS and MacOS, but maybe there is some app on the IT market, which is more productive. Many thanks!

What exactly are you looking for in a mail app? What features are you using or want to use? That would be a better place to start. No need in trying 100 different apps if none of them do what you want them to do.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
What I dislike about the standard mail apps is that if I eg delete a mail, the focus jumps to the next (unread) mail and marks it read, regardless of me having read it or not, or wanting to read it right now or not.
For me, this is so incredibly annoying and I can't really cope with this 'feature' in my daily workflow. It sometimes even makes me overlook important emails.

I'm therefore using Spark. It does not mark emails read autonomously, has a couple of nice features, runs on Mac and iOS, is reliable, and support so far has been fast and good.

@Apple: I sent feedback on this mark emails read issue a few times already, but so far you have not considered it worthwhile doing something about it. Shame.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@Apple: I sent feedback on this mark emails read issue a few times already, but so far you have not considered it worthwhile doing something about it. Shame.

Keep in mind that iMore Forums is a forum for people who have an interest in Apple products. It is not run by Apple and I doubt that these posts are read by Apple.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Keep in mind that iMore Forums is a forum for people who have an interest in Apple products. It is not run by Apple and I doubt that these posts are read by Apple.
Therefore I sent my feedback through apple’s feedback channels.
As there has not been any reaction and the issue persisted, going public might raise the attention level. Or not.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Therefore I sent my feedback through apple’s feedback channels.
As there has not been any reaction and the issue persisted, going public might raise the attention level. Or not.

I’ve had good luck connecting with Apple Support via Twitter.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If you’re dealing with hundreds of emails every day, I would consider an app like Timyo, which works even better if everyone involved is also using it. For my personal use I use Spark, and for my Exchange email for work I use Outlook.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I’ve had good luck connecting with Apple Support via Twitter.
It was probably not entirely appropriate to talk about a 'reaction' from Apple - that sounded like I expected to go into a dialogue.
By 'reaction' I meant that I hoped fo the issue to get resolved - and of course not within a couple of weeks or so, but sometime. I think the first time I fed this issue in to their official feedback channel was ~3 years ago or so? And today, I still can't use their app because it still behaves as described.
(Although, I would also be ready for a 'dialogue', but I understand that this is not easy to facilitate with several millions of users worldwide, who all may have different and partly contradicting priorities).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2