Wireless Charging bug(s)

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Here are two bugs... or maybe it's only one? Depends on where along the line it is.

iPhone X, iOS13 installed through recovery/iTunes (i.e., wipe/fresh install).

On both iOS 13 AND 13.1:
• The Photos app will NOT analyze pics (say, People album or the new Years/Months/Days section),
and
• Optimized Battery Charging will NOT work at all,
IF you're wirelessly charging.

If you plug the Lightning cable in, then everything's fine.

Even re-verified by factory-resetting phone and starting from scratch; wireless charging will not kick off either of these events, even after two consecutive charging nights.

Anyone else have these issues? For the Photos app, while the People section was at "0 Images Scanned", the other sections did some work, albeit limited. As soon as I plugged in instead, the pictures started scanning with alarming (and normal iOS 11/12) speeds.

The battery also held at 80% when plugged in.

I would like to point out that NEW pictures also failed to scan while on wireless power.

Neither thing happened with the two 7s in the house with same wipe/reinstall process (but of course, no wireless charging).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure that these are bugs, or by design? I can see optimized charging be for plug in charging only and I could also see on device photo analysis happening only when the iPhone is plugged in to charge, not wireless charging. (I could be wrong about the second one. However, searching Apple's support pages, the are very ambiguous about wireless charging and these two features.)

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Are we sure that these are bugs, or by design? ... (I could be wrong about the second one. However, searching Apple's support pages, they are very ambiguous about wireless charging and these two features.)
Right... well, I know for a fact that wireless charging and Photos worked just fine in iOS12, although you could very well be right about the former. I've not found any documentation that clarifies it one way or the other, though (as you said).

I'll keep looking and update this thread if I find something.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77